Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase combining limits question

tag
acb5456
Regular Contributor

Chase combining limits question

Hi everyone! My question is, if I applied for the Chase Marriott card and took advantage of the 70,000 point offer, could I close the account maybe a month or so after and combine whatever limit I get with my CSP? I for want 2 Chase credit cards but that 70k bonus Really has my attention Smiley Happy thanks for any info and advice! (By the way, I'm not a credit bonus churning person, but I could really use all of those free nights for a mini vacation!)
Chase Sapphire: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $15,000 | BofA Cash Rewards WMC: $15,000 | Discover IT: $15,000

FICO: TU-793 (Discover), EX-805 (Amex), EQ-790
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase combining limits question

@acb5456 wrote:
Hi everyone! My question is, if I applied for the Chase Marriott card and took advantage of the 70,000 point offer, could I close the account maybe a month or so after and combine whatever limit I get with my CSP? I for want 2 Chase credit cards but that 70k bonus Really has my attention Smiley Happy thanks for any info and advice! (By the way, I'm not a credit bonus churning person, but I could really use all of those free nights for a mini vacation!)

yes they move CL's super easy!

Message 2 of 6
acb5456
Regular Contributor

Okay thanks!! Hopefully I can get a decent approval and then transfer the balance later!!
Chase Sapphire: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $15,000 | BofA Cash Rewards WMC: $15,000 | Discover IT: $15,000

FICO: TU-793 (Discover), EX-805 (Amex), EQ-790
Message 3 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I've heard reports of Chase clawing back bonuses if you close the card within 6 months (of opening, or receiving bonus?) but not sure how true that is.   But depending on your CL, I would suggest transferring what you need but keeping it open for at least those 6 months.

Message 4 of 6
Darrell82
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@acb5456 wrote:

yes they move CL's super easy!

+ 1 

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

I've heard reports of Chase clawing back bonuses if you close the card within 6 months (of opening, or receiving bonus?) but not sure how true that is.   But depending on your CL, I would suggest transferring what you need but keeping it open for at least those 6 months.

+1

OP, consider this as this can likely happen.  Worse case scenario, just combine/allocate the CLs after 6 months.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.