Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase cooperation, but advised still needed

tag
nursesrock
Valued Member

Chase cooperation, but advised still needed

Hello fellow ficoers! I was finally able move my slate CL (all but 100)  to my freedom. My limit on the freedom is  a whopping 500, and my slate line was an astounding 1k, but nonetheless, I'm proud of my journey. I'm just a little cynical by nature Smiley Surprised  Anyway, customer service was not helpful, so I had to call the consolidation line and voila, my new freedom line is 1,400 and the slate card is sleeping in the drawer, but I get to keep my history. My rationale all along, btw.

My dilemma is, I have an Amazon Rewards card at 2500, with a balance that will be paid next month.  I would like to have just one card with Chase for now and apply for the CSP next year.  I plan on moving the limit from the Amazon visa to the Freedom as I did with the Slate. I do shop and use the Amazon points, but I also have an Amazon store card with the special promo financing when I need it. I will have lower limits on my credit report now from moving lines. Will this move possibly hurt my chances for CLIs with other lenders? I have no need for new credit AT all, just wondering since I will have a 100 CL reporting. However, I want my new Amex to grow. I also have a few other store card limits at 400, which I want to close so badly!  Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

MSCU Platinum Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amazon Rewards Visa, Chase Slate, Chase Freedom, Sallie Mae World MC, BofA 123 Cash Rewards, AMEX PRG NPSL, AMEX Delta Gold SkyMiles, AMEX ED (AU), Capital One Quicksilver One, Capital One Classic Platinum, Discover It, and some store cards (Macy's, Target, Amazon, Loft, Jared's-others are closed)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase cooperation, but advised still needed

From my experience I've never seen a lower limit card hurting your score or file. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase cooperation, but advised still needed

@Anonymous wrote:

From my experience I've never seen a lower limit card hurting your score or file. 

You might also want to keep the Slate for the free FICO http://blogs.wsj.com/totalreturn/2015/01/12/millions-more-to-see-their-fico-scores/

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.