Did you mean: 

Chase credit allocation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase credit allocation

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the Chase card with the highest normal limits? Slate? A co-branded card?

Limits aren't just a matter of the card.  As always, one's credit and income matter.

Of course, but some cards are known for being more or less generous with credit limits under the same situation. That's what I want to know about.

Message 11 of 21
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the Chase card with the highest normal limits? Slate? A co-branded card?

Limits aren't just a matter of the card.  As always, one's credit and income matter.

Of course, but some cards are known for being more or less generous with credit limits under the same situation. That's what I want to know about.

My CSP started out at $14,000 and now sits at $22,000 after I reallocated $8,000 from SWA.  Total Chase CLs are $28,000, which the max exposure the bank said they were wiling to take on at this time across all Chase cards.

In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

FICO goal: 800+ (as of 3-6-15: EQ FICO 774,,TU FICO 808, EX FICO 775)
Message 12 of 21
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My CSP started out at $14,000 and now sits at $22,000 after I reallocated $8,000 from SWA.  Total Chase CLs are $28,000, which the max exposure the bank said they were wiling to take on at this time across all Chase cards.

For you, right? Not for everyone...

Message 13 of 21
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL!  Right.  That is what the bank told me when I asked for a bump on SWA a few months back after reallocation. I should not make such a general statement.Smiley Embarassed

In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL!  Right.  That is what the bank told me when I asked for a bump on SWA a few months back after reallocation. I should not make such a general statement.Smiley Embarassed

Is SWA known for being most generous, or just co-branded cards in general?

Message 15 of 21
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is SWA known for being most generous, or just co-branded cards in general?

Wish I could say.  In my case, both my CSP and SWA started out with a CL of $14K each.  I don't have any of their other cards.  For me personally, the banks providing the most generous CLs are BOA ($51,000 across 3 cards) and Navy Federal ($50,000 across 2 cards).

Message 16 of 21
Shock
Established Contributor

my limits were 1400 on amazon and 1000 on freedom. I was torn in between chase united or chase sw. sw had a better bonus at the time (50k) but it cost me a first year AF. The SW was approved for 12k instantly. i took a HP for a CLI on freedom (foolishly) and they only gave me 300 bucks to 1300. so i took 4k from SW and put it in freedom. The remaining will go over when the AF is due..

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 17 of 21
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Chase reallocation is the easiest and you can do it anytime. Even before you receive your new card. Ive done it before, it takes seconds. just send them a secure message whenever you decide to do it. I guess it doesn't matter which card to app for, maybe check the pre qual to see which one they want to give you? Its up to you
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luscher wrote:
Chase reallocation is the easiest and you can do it anytime. Even before you receive your new card. Ive done it before, it takes seconds. just send them a secure message whenever you decide to do it. I guess it doesn't matter which card to app for, maybe check the pre qual to see which one they want to give you? Its up to you

Does that work to allocate a new card to an old card or the other way around?

Message 19 of 21
Luscher
Valued Contributor

You can reallocate any chase cards. ! day old to a 5 year old card or vice versa
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.