Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase credit card 2 apps 1 pull?

tag
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Chase credit card 2 apps 1 pull?

Greetings all, quick question, i just applied for a chase sapphire preffered, can i use the same pull to apply for a business card?

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase credit card 2 apps 1 pull?

If my memory serves me correctly, I received x2 HP from Chase for 1 app.
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 2 of 10
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

@iMacDrew wrote:

Greetings all, quick question, i just applied for a chase sapphire preffered, can i use the same pull to apply for a business card?

Not sure about business account but I app'ed for a freedom card and the slate with only one pull.  That was in 2013 though.

FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for the Ritz Carlton Saturday and the Hyatt Sunday. So far, I've only seen one pull. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

tortoise who did you decide to make primary on each card? saw you were debating that the other day..
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
tortoise who did you decide to make primary on each card? saw you were debating that the other day..

Me on both. Smiley Very Happy   I have the relationship. I figured if I could get them on one pull, why not. I ended up having to move some CL from Amazon Visa to get the Hyatt approved. But one of them is coming via UPS tomorrow. EEEeeee! 

DH also ticked me off a bit by laughing at the whole CC obsession. We'll see if he wants a Ritz card once he see's it. Smiley Wink 

I've tried explaining to him that his score would go up if we got him another CC with a nice high limit. The only card he's shown interest in is an REI card. :roll eyes: I'm going to try to talk him into something that has the potential for a higher limit. But also, going to try to talk him into a Cash+ (local branch manager sort of loves us) to get the whole sports 5% thing, not just REI. 

Message 6 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@iMacDrew wrote:

No guarantees OP.  This will be a YEMV outcome.  Try and see for yourself and report back.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

well tortoise congrats on your decision and approval. that is awesome Smiley Happy
i like REI but i wouldn't have a credit product from them lol. their rental program for equipment is neat though.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appd for Slate 3.5 weeks ago, instantly approved, 5500.CL. I didn't do a back to back app as I hate dealing with phone calls such as recons, approvals, CL increases, etc... but I did really want the CSP. So two weeks later I appd the CSP a few days after receiving and activating my Slate. I got the "we need to review your application, if you're approved, your card will arrive in 7 - 10 days". So I checked the Chase status line everyday for 10 day's straight. It just keep giving me the same exact message: "you have two applications within the last 30 day's. Your application from June 18th is being reviewed. You will hear back from us within two weeks blah, blah, blah". So yesterday I called Chase and the girl asked me a few identity questions from my CR's, put me on hold, than congratulated me for being approved with a 15K CL. I did NOT receive a second HP for this 2nd app within 30 day's. So I believe you'll be fine. Some people have said if your file contains any derogs, or lower scores, that they might do another HP.
Message 9 of 10
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@iMacDrew wrote:

YEMV. 

If the requests are for two consumer cards, there is a good chance that the same credit report will be used.

Business and Personal cards are issued from different lending systems (identified with a unique address) and you will usually see two separate HPs.

Chase may use a previous credit report, but there is no guarantee of that.

Also, if your file needs additional informaiton, Chase may HP multiple bureaus. 

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.