Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase credit card Re-consideration

tag
dekelley1
Regular Contributor

Chase credit card Re-consideration

A friend of mine has simular scores to me, I was approved for a chase card he was not.  Someone said he should ask for re-consideration, has anyone done this with success.  Is this something he would do over the phone or send in a letter, if it is a letter does anyone here have examples of a successful letter?

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: Lender pullEQ 667, TU04 698 TU98 644, EX 660
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase credit card Re-consideration

@dekelley1 wrote:
A friend of mine has simular scores to me, I was approved for a chase card he was not.  Someone said he should ask for re-consideration, has anyone done this with success.  Is this something he would do over the phone or send in a letter, if it is a letter does anyone here have examples of a successful letter?

No letter necessary.  Check the backdoor numbers sticky'd at the top of the forum.  Have your friend call them and ask for a reconsideration.

Also, your friend needs to consider their current situation outside of just the credit score (i.e. inquiries, recent lates, current utilizations...etc.)

***From ashy to classy***
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.