Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase credit cards...

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Chase credit cards...

We all know how chase is with CLIs so if one wanted to get a higher limit what is the best way to do this?
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Chase credit cards...

apply for another chase card, and transfer the CL over. not sure if there's a waiting period required. you get to collect some sign up bonus along the way, which is nice.

or just do a HP and be done with it. sweet and easy, no new accounts reporting, and no lowering of AAoA.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 8
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

apply for another chase card, and transfer the CL over. not sure if there's a waiting period required. you get to collect some sign up bonus along the way, which is nice.

or just do a HP and be done with it. sweet and easy, no new accounts reporting, and no lowering of AAoA.

I hear this maybe the easiet way with chase..so lets say i sign up for regular Sapphire and transfer the balance to CSP

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 3 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

yup. i am not sure if u have to wait 13 months before you can consolidate accounts though.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 8
gsxrgt
New Contributor

I applied for a Slate last week and once the balance transfer I put on there gets paid off I plan to split the limit between the Freedon and CSP. Not sure if there would be a time limit or not but was going to wait at least 6 months.

Chase Ritz 20.5K, Freedom 11K, Chase Marriott 11K, Citi Prestige 12.5K, Citi Aadvantage Platinum 10.5k, Barclay US Airways 12.5k, Discover IT 12.7K, Amex BCP 23K, Amex PRG, Penfed Platinum Rewards 11K, Penfed PLOC 25k
Message 5 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:
We all know how chase is with CLIs so if one wanted to get a higher limit what is the best way to do this?

Best way would be garden for a year and take a HP through EO to get CLI's on both cards.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

Best way would be garden for a year and take a HP through EO to get CLI's on both cards.

+1

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 8
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

yup. i am not sure if u have to wait 13 months before you can consolidate accounts though.

No, I did it in 10 months.  After closing my UA Ex, they gladly consolidated the CL into my CSP.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.