cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase credit limit system must be insane!

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Chase credit limit system must be insane!

A few weeks ago I received a mass mailer for the Chase Ink Cash card with 12 months of 0% and 200 after spending 3000. It's better than the six months they lowered it to so I put it aside for the future. I applied for a few cards on Friday so figured what's one more and submitted it and it showed pending. I rang yesterday and found out they needed the PIN for Equifax or I could have them look at another bureau. I gave the PIN since it had been seven months since the last inquiry. The lady came back and said the system declined for inquiries(14 over 2 years, not none in the last six months), but she had already overriden it and would work on it if I could hold for a bit. After about three minutes she came back on and said she had finished but needed to send me to the verification department. The verification department asked some questions about the other business card I have with Chase and after another three minute hold she came back and said it was approved for 17,000! Chase has already given me 19800 in credit and about one month ago was told that that was about the maximum at that time, but apparenty one month is all that is needed for them to extend more credit.

Still somewhat amazed with the approval, I decided to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred for the bonus. I figured I could easily move limits around and open if it is declined. I thouht they would pull Equifax again so I rang to see if they needed the pin. This time they pulled TransUnion (4 inquiries that all appeared on Friday) and the gentleman said that I again had to speak with the verification department. After asking some questions about the business card(same questions as yesterday) she took about thirty seconds and came back with it being approved for 25,000!

I've come to the conclusion that the sytem obviously is glitching and that any day I will receive a telephone call telling me the limits are a mistake and they have to be lowered. It's just a bit unreal that they would give that much new credit that blows the credit any other bank has given out of the water. The most credit I have is General Electric at 27500 and then Citi at 19500. US Bank is higher but it is business so it doesn't count to me.

Utilisation: 1% with about 2800 spread across five cards out of 17

Length of history: 3 years 3 months

Average age: 1 year and 3 months?

Highest limit: Dillards American Express 17500(I don't really count this because we all know they give you anything) and Fidelity (FIA) American Express at 15000

Income: 125,000, a recent small inheritance, a raise,  and a lottery win bumped it up to here. I asked the lady the first time if that should be included and she said of course since it will be reported on taxes.

No derogatory marks

Anyway, this is just to let people see that you don't need a really long history to get approved for good Chase cards with nice limits. The first bankcard I received was the Chase Amazon Visa with a 1000 in December 2011. Before then I had a Macys and Amazon Store card. I'll just enjoy these limits until they realise how crazy their system was.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase credit limit system must be insane!

Congrats and use those limits responsibly. You are on your way towards top credit scores.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 2 of 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Wow! Congrats! Nice cls!

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 8
broseph23
Regular Contributor

omg I need to win the lottery lol. nice work!

Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 4 of 8
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Those are some great cards and CLs!  Now garden the heck out of them and you'll really be golden! Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Thank you all. I was in garden mode until US Bank started flooding me with preapprovals for business cards and sending one for $200 after first purchase. They were all too good to ignore, but I will definitely use them so that's a good reason to apply I think.

@broseph23 wrote:

omg I need to win the lottery lol. nice work!

LOL. I've been playing since I turned 18 so finally after four years I have something to show for it.

Message 6 of 8
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Wow, insane limit.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 7 of 8
JonStur
Established Contributor

Awesome Sauce!!!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.