cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase credit limits and income

Senior Contributor

Re: Chase credit limits and income

I would transfer my Amazon CL into Southwest RR bringing it to 7,600

Discharged on 7/11/16
Gardening Since 12/01/2017
Message 11 of 24
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase credit limits and income


BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

I would transfer my Amazon CL into Southwest RR bringing it to 7,600


i don't want to close it out, though.  There's no annual fee and I shop on Amazon fairly often Smiley Happy

TU: 771 (7/17/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 792 (7/17/17)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $34,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013)
Message 12 of 24
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase credit limits and income

Oh ok I see, then never mind Smiley Happy

Discharged on 7/11/16
Gardening Since 12/01/2017
Message 13 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase credit limits and income


isoldmyatlas wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

FWIW, I have a Chase Freedom @ 18k and a CSP @ 17k. My income is similar to yours. Although, I do have high credit limits on other cards.


WOW, really? That gives me some hope!  What are your limits across your cards, if you don't mind me asking?


Here's a summary of my credit:

 

 

  220,250 total of credit card limits

+  40,000 total of LOC limits

--------------------------------------------------

= 260,250 total of revolving credit limits

 

 

 CC/LOC                                                                                   LIMIT
American Express Blue Cash Preferred                          $18,000
Bank of America Platinum Plus Visa                                $12,500

Barclays NFL (NY Giants) Extra Points World MC          $10,000

Chase Freedom Visa Signature                                        $18,000

Chase Sapphire Preferred World MC                               $17,000
Discover it Card                                                                     $24,500
JCPenney/GECRB                                                                $5,000
Walmart Discover/GECRB                                                  $10,000
Navy Federal goRewards MasterCard                             $25,000
PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards Visa                            $50,000
Staples/Citi                                                                             $3,250
USAA Rewards World MasterCard                                    $12,000
US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature                                         $15,000
Navy Federal LOC                                                                 $15,000
PenFed LOC                                                                          $25,000

 

 

 

 

Message 14 of 24
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase credit limits and income


kevinjjc wrote:

isoldmyatlas wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

FWIW, I have a Chase Freedom @ 18k and a CSP @ 17k. My income is similar to yours. Although, I do have high credit limits on other cards.


WOW, really? That gives me some hope!  What are your limits across your cards, if you don't mind me asking?


Here's a summary of my credit:

 

 

  220,250 total of credit card limits

+  40,000 total of LOC limits

--------------------------------------------------

= 260,250 total of revolving credit limits

 

 

 CC/LOC                                                                                   LIMIT
American Express Blue Cash Preferred                          $18,000
Bank of America Platinum Plus Visa                                $12,500

Barclays NFL (NY Giants) Extra Points World MC          $10,000

Chase Freedom Visa Signature                                        $18,000

Chase Sapphire Preferred World MC                               $17,000
Discover it Card                                                                     $24,500
JCPenney/GECRB                                                                $5,000
Walmart Discover/GECRB                                                  $10,000
Navy Federal goRewards MasterCard                             $25,000
PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards Visa                            $50,000
Staples/Citi                                                                             $3,250
USAA Rewards World MasterCard                                    $12,000
US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature                                         $15,000
Navy Federal LOC                                                                 $15,000
PenFed LOC                                                                          $25,000

 

 

 

 


That's incredible - well done!  Your AAoA must be really high.  I had no idea those kind of limits were possible with a low/moderate income.

TU: 771 (7/17/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 792 (7/17/17)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $34,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013)
Message 15 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase credit limits and income


isoldmyatlas wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

isoldmyatlas wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

FWIW, I have a Chase Freedom @ 18k and a CSP @ 17k. My income is similar to yours. Although, I do have high credit limits on other cards.


WOW, really? That gives me some hope!  What are your limits across your cards, if you don't mind me asking?


Here's a summary of my credit:

 

 

  220,250 total of credit card limits

+  40,000 total of LOC limits

--------------------------------------------------

= 260,250 total of revolving credit limits

 

 

 CC/LOC                                                                                   LIMIT
American Express Blue Cash Preferred                          $18,000
Bank of America Platinum Plus Visa                                $12,500

Barclays NFL (NY Giants) Extra Points World MC          $10,000

Chase Freedom Visa Signature                                        $18,000

Chase Sapphire Preferred World MC                               $17,000
Discover it Card                                                                     $24,500
JCPenney/GECRB                                                                $5,000
Walmart Discover/GECRB                                                  $10,000
Navy Federal goRewards MasterCard                             $25,000
PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards Visa                            $50,000
Staples/Citi                                                                             $3,250
USAA Rewards World MasterCard                                    $12,000
US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature                                         $15,000
Navy Federal LOC                                                                 $15,000
PenFed LOC                                                                          $25,000

 

 

 

 


That's incredible - well done!  Your AAoA must be really high.  I had no idea those kind of limits were possible with a low/moderate income.


USAA CCMP: 6.4 years

Credit Karma: 5.1 years

 

I don't know why they are being calculated differently. Smiley Indifferent

 

Message 16 of 24
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase credit limits and income

@kevinjjc

Do you have closed or are you an AU on accounts?
Message 17 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase credit limits and income


09Lexie wrote:
@kevinjjc

Do you have closed or are you an AU on accounts?

Plenty of closed accounts still reporting... mostly installment tradelines, a few credit card tradelines.

 

No AU accounts ... well, just 1 closed AU credit card account still reporting.

Message 18 of 24
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase credit limits and income

@kevinjjc

CK doesn't take closed accounts into their calculation for AAOA
Message 19 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase credit limits and income


09Lexie wrote:
@kevinjjc

CK doesn't take closed accounts into their calculation for AAOA

Interesting. Thanks for pointing that out. Definitely good to know.

 

Do "official" AAoA calculations factor in closed accounts?

Message 20 of 24