Chase credit line increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase credit line increase

@subwaysandwich wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

You know with your scores and lower util I would think you may have an arguement to make with chase. What I would do first though is to see if you can get SP CLIs with Cap 1, Citi, Amex and any other card you have that does SP only CLI and let those report. 

I just got an increase yesterday from Amex, Barclay's auto CLI last weekend and is already reporting the new limit. Citi and both Cap1s SP'd CLI back in June. Amex hasn't reported yet. 

How did you get two BOA cash reward cards? What did you PC from?

I have two because BofA screwed up a product change from a World Points card. They told me I could have both the amounts combined once the new card came, once it did, they told me it couldn't be done. I never told them to open a new account. But dummy me never did anything about it because I didn't realize the MSD was different until I pulled my reports this year. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

i'd use it, let a small (10% util) balance on it post to your CR and then ask.

With that LOW amount of use, if you ask now.. they are going be like... 'you don't even use this card'

ARGUE that you need a higher limit TO use it.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I really am going to start using it again because once I close out one of my BofA cards (AF) this will be my oldest card. 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really on the fence about whether I should ask for a CLI for Freedom, or app for one of those hotel cards since it's a hard pull either way.  I don't think I would put enough spend to earn a lot towards free nights.  I have no idea how much I would have to spend to earn decent points. 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd try to get the CSP. 

I'm on mobile and can't see the limits on your cards. 

What's your highest CL? 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd try to get the CSP. 

What's your highest CL? 

My highest limit is $8900 on Amex. Chase is at $2000. 

Message 15 of 18
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd try to get the CSP. 

What's your highest CL? 

Chase isn't CLI friendly, they would much rather give you a new credit card with a big limit, than a big CLI. Apply for the CSP if you haven't applied for anything in 6 months. You will most likely be approved given the info you provided, after a month or two you can move part of the CL from the CSP ( must keep at least 5k on the CSP card), to your freedom card. After the first year you can transfer the remaining credit limit from the CSP to your freedom card and close it. The CSP AF is waived for the first year, and the card has a 40,000 pts signing bonus with 3k spend requirement.  The 40k in pts are worth at least $400 in cash, or $500 in travel and potentailly a lot more via transfers to travel partners.

You can also look at other chase cards that have signing bonuses if the CSP isn't for you. They are quite friendly with intial CL's on there co-branded cards like the Chase Southwest card, they doubled my CSP starting limit.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 16 of 18
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

My experience:

After my AMEX 3x CLI reported(24.5k) on my BCE in February, I sought out 20k lines across the board from my CCC's. After successful attempts with Barclays and BOA, I patiently waited for them to report. In late March/early April I submitted a PC(Slate to Freedom) & a CLI request via secure message and 2 days later my CL went from 2k(the account had no usage other than BT about 7 months prior) to 20k. My card was PC'd 14 days later. I had the card for a full 2 years before these requests were submitted.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

☮ & ❤
Message 17 of 18
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

You will most likely be approved given the info you provided, after a month or two you can move part of the CL from the CSP ( must keep at least 5k on the CSP card),

You can go as low as you want with that or the regular Preferred. I had one at 1000 for while.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.