Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase credit line increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase credit line increase

Hello everyone,
I was giving serious thought to asking Chase for a CLI. I haven't been using the card very much. The last time I did was in June. I have been stuck at $2000 ever since I had the card. Do I have good odds at getting an increase from $2000 to $6000? Or any increase at all?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Chase credit line increase

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone,
I was giving serious thought to asking Chase for a CLI. I haven't been using the card very much. The last time I did was in June. I have been stuck at $2000 ever since I had the card. Do I have good odds at getting an increase from $2000 to $6000? Or any increase at all?

Sorry misread your post. You haven't used the card since June. What is your current util? How long have you had the card? Any other chase cards? A CLi with Chase will be a HP, so I'm not sure if you want to take that risk. When are you next up for an Amex CLI?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

No no, lol. I have never asked for a CLI. I meant that the last time I used the card was in June. I have no other Chase cards. Total util across the board is at 4%.
Message 3 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
No no, lol. I have never asked for a CLI. I meant that the last time I used the card was in June. I have no other Chase cards. Total util across the board is at 4%.

Yea, I edited my post once I reread what you wrote. Take a look again at my comments. 

;
Message 4 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

You know with your scores and lower util I would think you may have an arguement to make with chase. What I would do first though is to see if you can get SP CLIs with Cap 1, Citi, Amex and any other card you have that does SP only CLI and let those report. 

;
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

You know with your scores and lower util I would think you may have an arguement to make with chase. What I would do first though is to see if you can get SP CLIs with Cap 1, Citi, Amex and any other card you have that does SP only CLI and let those report. 

I just got an increase yesterday from Amex, Barclay's auto CLI last weekend and is already reporting the new limit. Citi and both Cap1s SP'd CLI back in June. Amex hasn't reported yet. 

Message 6 of 18
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I just got an increase yesterday from Amex, Barclay's auto CLI last weekend and is already reporting the new limit. Citi and both Cap1s SP'd CLI back in June. Amex hasn't reported yet. 

How did you get two BOA cash reward cards? What did you PC from?

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone,

Sorry misread your post. You haven't used the card since June. What is your current util? How long have you had the card? Any other chase cards? A CLi with Chase will be a HP, so I'm not sure if you want to take that risk. When are you next up for an Amex CLI?

Forgot to add that I have had the card since 2003. Grandfathered from Wamu. 

Message 8 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I'd wait for the amex increase to report and optimize your credit report (1% util w- only one card reporting) for the best possible outcome. 

;
Message 9 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

i'd use it, let a small (10% util) balance on it post to your CR and then ask.

With that LOW amount of use, if you ask now.. they are going be like... 'you don't even use this card'

ARGUE that you need a higher limit TO use it.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.