cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase declined. Reconed 30 day message. Now asking for paperwork.

tag
anybodii
New Contributor

Chase declined. Reconed 30 day message. Now asking for paperwork.

I applied for Chase Freedom. They originally declined me, but I reconed and got a 30 day message. About a month letter I received a letter to submit a copy of proof of address and social security card. I mailed that, and now awaiting something.

Anyone been put in this position before, and do you think if they were going to ultimately deny me that they wouldn't of asked for this?

I'm assuming they're asking for this because I have 7 inquires on the report they pulled, 4 within 6 months, 2 within a month of applying with them.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tburns
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase declined. Reconed 30 day message. Now asking for paperwork.

I was in that exact situation in may. About 15 days after I mailed my info to them I saw a new account on my chase account page, that's how I found out I was approved. The card arrived a week later.

Message 2 of 7
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like your approved. Chase just likes to verify your identity. 

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 3 of 7
anybodii
New Contributor

Thanks for both of your replies, after about 30 days of waiting I've grown inpatient so figured I'd ask... good to hear a strong possiblity of approval Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
anybodii
New Contributor

Thanks again for your replies, just wanted to update my status and confirm that I was approved!

Message 5 of 7
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Way to go, anybodii!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
anybodii
New Contributor

Thank you Smiley Happy This app was from May so it was a much surprise to be approved!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.