Regular Contributor
goingforadream

Chase denial

Just made a phone call to Chase to check status of my app for a Freedom card. I was told it was denied because of a previous bk on the report from 2003. Rep said that even though there are no negatives on the report since bk, they simply are not approving apps with a bk on file.

I guess I'm stuck with having to keep the stinking Juni card for a while longer......depressing

FICO score tracker

3/19/08: TU-649, EQ-676, EX-656
5/7/08: TU-653, EQ-651, EX-706
1/7/09: TU-659, EQ-667, EX-681 (but now I have my house!)
3/25/09: TU-675, EQ-668
New goal: new car
8/5/09: New car goal met. Developing new goals....
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: Chase denial

[ Edited ]

Chase doesn't seem to be very BK friendly. If I recall correctly, they have a thing on their website saying none of these 3 things should apply to you, 1 of those being BK.

Sorry to hear about it OP. 

Message Edited by FretlessMayhem on 03-18-2009 09:21 AM
Here we go again...
Regular Contributor
goingforadream

Re: Chase denial

Thanks for the kind words :smileyhappy:

No biggie. A few things I've learned along the way as I've been trying to turn my financial life around:

1. I control my credit, not the other way around. It's my choice to be in debt or not, and if I choose to owe, I choose how much. I have the freedom and the ability to say no.

2. I determine my needs versus my wants. I have the ability to resist impulsive spending. I have the ability to save for want and when I've saved enough the "want" becomes my reward.

3. Frequently, the impulsive desires become less of a desire over a little bit of time which can result in the relief over not having purchased the item out of impulse to begin with.

4. I'm very greatful for what I have. A year ago I didn't have my own home--now I do. I'm in a position to be able to purchase a new vehicle by the end of summer. Even though I don't have the Freedom card, I do have a card with smaller rewards on it which is better than no opportunity to earn back at all.

ok.......I feel better now

FICO score tracker

3/19/08: TU-649, EQ-676, EX-656
5/7/08: TU-653, EQ-651, EX-706
1/7/09: TU-659, EQ-667, EX-681 (but now I have my house!)
3/25/09: TU-675, EQ-668
New goal: new car
8/5/09: New car goal met. Developing new goals....

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}