Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase denial

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm the OP (somehow can't log in with my initial ID, so had to create a new one).

Just to give you an update on this bizarre story - I had my wife apply instead. She has a longer history than I (11 years total), but her Experian FAKO is only 658, with lots of late payments within the past year (which we're disputing, but they haven't come off her report yet). Just called to check on the status and just like that, she's approved with a CL of $10,000. Ummm, yeah Chase, whatever. Not that I'm protesting at all (we'll both get the lounge access now) - just seems like they have very strange priorities approving her but not me.

Rule #1:  Don't try to understand how Chase makes their credit approval  decisions.

Rule #2:  In case you don't follow Rule #1, make sure you have really good health insurance that covers insanity.

Message 11 of 17
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i get this really weird vibe about chase (i have only applied with them once in 2005), but i think they are biased on whom they approve. but i mean men vs women. i think they much perfer to approve women then men. i dont where i get that vibe from but i just do. i have ALWAYS been hesitant to apply with them or bank with them or have anything to do with them... i don't know why either.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 12 of 17
mross1080
Established Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

i get this really weird vibe about chase (i have only applied with them once in 2005), but i think they are biased on whom they approve. but i mean men vs women. i think they much perfer to approve women then men. i dont where i get that vibe from but i just do. i have ALWAYS been hesitant to apply with them or bank with them or have anything to do with them... i don't know why either.

How would that be a factor? Ive never had an app that's asked if I where male or female. And if you are basing that on a persons first name many first names can be for a man or a women.

Message 13 of 17
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

the ssn itself can provide information as to who you are. the system could be screening names too. i don't really don't have facts or situations to base this on. this is an educated guess based on all that i have read and experienced on the internet. i was approved for chase back in 2005 for 600, but i closed that card a long time ago. unfortunately that was the only card i went over the limit on. dosen't matter now anyway as it would have no negative effect on my credit file today.

Message 14 of 17
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

"chase presidential card" --it could be the card that you applied for. thats an awfully high profile card to try to obtain (i would speculate). i would bet a chase saphirre would be easier to obtain than that. its almost like me trying to apply for a centurion in a year from now (lets say my scores are 790 by then, and lets just say for the sake of arument that amex had a centurion application webpage for anyone allowed to apply). i know i would be flat out DENIED. there are only 10000 of them in the world right now.

Message 15 of 17
GQ-007
Valued Member

Let me add voice to your "Chase" frustration. I applied 6 months ago for the Sapphire. I was denied for a delinquent payment. According to Myfico, my last was 4 years ago. I subsequently applied and recieved the AMEX Platinum, SPG, (9500 CL) Citi Select (11700 CL) and Discover Escape. TU is 780 and EQ 751.  Last week I decided to re-apply via computer.  I followed up with the back door number and was denied again. This time for to many inquiries. And the CSR, while professional, had a slight attitide. Okay, point well made. So for the heck of it, I applied for BOA visa, and was approved with a 10,000 CL. Go figure.

Now I understand each bank has it's own criteria. But I  assume my profile doesn't fit with Chase. The only mistake I made was applying for BOA because I really didn't need the card. Nor did I really need Chase after I reviewed my mix of cards. It was my ego. Stupid I admit. But I will not apply for a Chase card again.

Message 16 of 17
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm the OP (somehow can't log in with my initial ID, so had to create a new one).

Just to give you an update on this bizarre story - I had my wife apply instead. She has a longer history than I (11 years total), but her Experian FAKO is only 658, with lots of late payments within the past year (which we're disputing, but they haven't come off her report yet). Just called to check on the status and just like that, she's approved with a CL of $10,000. Ummm, yeah Chase, whatever. Not that I'm protesting at all (we'll both get the lounge access now) - just seems like they have very strange priorities approving her but not me.

It sounds as if Chase truly did give the real reason they chose not to approve you...short credit history.  I would also take a guess that the recent Amex Platinum approval may have tilted them in the denial direction. They have become quite sensitive to inquiries and new accounts, from what many have posted, over the past 1+ years.  Congrats on your wife's approval, and your desired lounge access!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.