Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

...Chase deserves to be slapped.

tag
ReVeLaTeD
Regular Contributor

...Chase deserves to be slapped.

OK.

So some may remember my previous posting about being denied summarily by Chase and Amex for "excuse" reasons.  After getting the very young and alluring-sounding female at Chase recon, and sending back the proof of address, I got notified today that they have approved my Chase Slate application.  Called in to confirm, and the gal is expediting it to me, without me asking.

Confusing title?  Let me help you.

I said about a month ago that I'm at the point of wanting cards of at least $1,000 on the credit limit or greater given what Hooters and my credit union have done, plus getting Discover which is slowly becoming my primary day-to-day credit card.  Even HSBC has redeemed itself by bumping me up to around $950, right on the border.  I said that if I got Chase AND if Chase gave me a reasonable credit limit, HSBC would be fired.  I don't even ask much.  $1,000 or greater is not a lot to ask.  Given I see many people running around with Chase cards at $5k or greater.

$500.

Really, Chase?  Really?  You couldn't even do me the base courtesy of at least matching my LOWEST limit credit card?  I mean it's even lower than my Capital One card was, and that's bad.  I feel like slapping someone.  A person with a 700+ credit score, no derogs on the report they pulled, upper middle class income, util of 14% and a total DTI of 15% can't get more than $500?

Credit Cards:
| Cabrillo Credit Union MasterCard @ $3,000 | Chevron Visa @ $2,000 | Amazon Store Card @ $1,800 | HSBC 2% Rewards MasterCard @ $950 (redeemed themselves)
Message 1 of 112
111 REPLIES 111
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

Re: ...Chase deserves to be slapped.

I hate Chase.  Slap away Smiley Happy

(ironically, my ire with them did not preclude them from asking me if I was interested in their vice president of internal audit position they have open --- um, no... I'd rather jump in naked off South Africa and take my chances with the great white sharks there!)

Message 2 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ReVeLaTeD wrote:

OK.

So some may remember my previous posting about being denied summarily by Chase and Amex for "excuse" reasons.  After getting the very young and alluring-sounding female at Chase recon, and sending back the proof of address, I got notified today that they have approved my Chase Slate application.  Called in to confirm, and the gal is expediting it to me, without me asking.

Confusing title?  Let me help you.

I said about a month ago that I'm at the point of wanting cards of at least $1,000 on the credit limit or greater given what Hooters and my credit union have done, plus getting Discover which is slowly becoming my primary day-to-day credit card.  Even HSBC has redeemed itself by bumping me up to around $950, right on the border.  I said that if I got Chase AND if Chase gave me a reasonable credit limit, HSBC would be fired.  I don't even ask much.  $1,000 or greater is not a lot to ask.  Given I see many people running around with Chase cards at $5k or greater.

$500.

Really, Chase?  Really?  You couldn't even do me the base courtesy of at least matching my LOWEST limit credit card?  I mean it's even lower than my Capital One card was, and that's bad.  I feel like slapping someone.  A person with a 700+ credit score, no derogs on the report they pulled, upper middle class income, util of 14% and a total DTI of 15% can't get more than $500?

There must be something they do not like.

Message 3 of 112
brian2220
Regular Contributor

I agree with O6
I was approved for 2000 with 85 uti and a low income back in December
And I didn't even do a recon
But chase isn't like it used to be.
It seems like it's all about money and fees with them
My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 4 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ReVeLaTeD wrote:

By chance, have you frozen one or both of the reports that they didn't pull?

Message 5 of 112
-RED
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ReVeLaTeD wrote:

You might be on to something here.

-800 or Bust...!
Message 6 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP:  You sound very unhappy with Chase.  Why not decline the CL and close the account since Chase apparently does not meet your expectations?  How can someone have a mutually satisfying and beneficial relationship (financial or otherwise) over time if there are perceived problems from the get-go?

btw, do you have your checking and savings with Chase?

Message 7 of 112
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Why not just use it for the 5% categories. You'll probably also get a sign-up bonus, didn't you?

Chase certainly has some of the most stubborn CSRs around. Last year, I did a failed recon for the Freedom. This year, instant approval for $7k. Makes no sense to me. But who cares?

I'd use it for 5% only and wait. After all, quite a few people don't get approved when applying for the Freedom, so consider yourself happy to have one. It'll probably grow in the years to come.

Message 8 of 112
ReVeLaTeD
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ReVeLaTeD wrote:

At the time I applied (5/29) there was no freeze; I released Experian once I was able to get access to the report finally.  They pulled Experian, denied me due to the same old BS that Experian always has in perpetuating fraud, and I incorrectly assumed that Chase, in its infinite wisdom, would look at these 7-year-old derogs and the solid otherwise credit history and make the right decision.  That's when I got the two surfer dudes who said they "...agree with the decline". 

Called back, got the young alluring female, I asked them to choose a different bureau, at that time there was no freeze (~6/15).  Both Equifax and Transunion were wide open as both reflect an accurate picture, and I informed Chase of such. They chose Equifax which I'm fine with.  Equifax has the lowest # of inquiries and a fair picture of my credit.  No BK, no derogs.  Last FICO I personally pulled was around 701 or give or take.  My income, without giving figures, was clearly enough for the credit limits outlined below, identified on the credit report.  The only one I think that had not yet reported was Discover; but I don't think that should matter, given Hooters has always been there.

The only thing I can think of was the OptOutPrescreen.com.  I chose to Opt IN.  I got a letter from Experian saying they were opting me OUT and they would "...notify the other bureaus of the request."  Equifax ended up with a fraud alert out of nowhere, I certainly didn't place it, and Chase had to do verifications as a result.  Unfortunately they seem not to allow you to remove fraud alerts over the phone or online, and I work full days and don't have time to be writing letters in this age of technology, plus they're closed on the weekend, so I haven't gotten around to it.

To my knowledge, or at least from my reading, the Chase Slate has no such benefits as with the Chase Freedom.  I didn't necessarily care about that IF the Chase Slate offered a decent credit limit. 

My plan, once I receive the card, is to speak to the card services people and complain about the credit limit.  They don't have to exceed what I've got, but they need to at least match what I've got.  Period.  If they can't do it from the jump, they need to at least assure me that the card is not stuck in credit limit purgatory.  Otherwise I'll tell them to stuff the card.

Credit Cards:
| Cabrillo Credit Union MasterCard @ $3,000 | Chevron Visa @ $2,000 | Amazon Store Card @ $1,800 | HSBC 2% Rewards MasterCard @ $950 (redeemed themselves)
Message 9 of 112
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Oh, it's the Slate. Never mind my comments about the 5% cash back...

Message 10 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.