Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase doing double pulls now?

tag
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Chase doing double pulls now?

I was reading around here the other day that Chase is starting to pull 2 bureau reports instead of just one. Any experience on this? Is this becoming common practice for all apps or are there specifics involving applicants?

I was thinking of applying for two chase cards and am not keen on a double pull. 

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
CreditHammer

Re: Chase doing double pulls now?

@ztnjpv wrote:

I was reading around here the other day that Chase is starting to pull 2 bureau reports instead of just one. Any experience on this? Is this becoming common practice for all apps or are there specifics involving applicants?

I was thinking of applying for two chase cards and am not keen on a double pull. 

Usually any CCC wil pull twice if you are "borderline".. If they pull one report and think you barely qualify they may pull a second just to ensure there are no derogs and such.. If you think you are a borderline applicant, then wait until you think you're a lock for the card... You still may risk a double pull but at least you minimize your risk of a double pull by givign yourself the best possible chances..

Message 2 of 41
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

Yes looks like it. Pulled EX and EQ each time for me in FL, for a CLI request and for a new card app.

Message 3 of 41
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

@CreditHammer wrote:

@ztnjpv wrote:

Usually any CCC wil pull twice if you are "borderline".. If they pull one report and think you barely qualify they may pull a second just to ensure there are no derogs and such.. If you think you are a borderline applicant, then wait until you think you're a lock for the card... You still may risk a double pull but at least you minimize your risk of a double pull by givign yourself the best possible chances..

Not sure if this is exactly true. My credit is decent and I was instantly approved for the Visa Signature card. It looks like they may be double pulling everyone nowadays.

Message 4 of 41
LesWH
Established Contributor

@bluedog1 wrote:

Yes looks like it. Pulled EX and EQ each time for me in FL, for a CLI request and for a new card app.

They double pulled me for a CLI as well.  I'm also in Florida.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 5 of 41
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

ohh boy! this discussion again! haha Smiley Very Happy

I said it in the previous thread about this and I'll say it again. If its convenient for you (and not expensive). Keep all your reports locked all the time, do a little research and only unlock the one you think they will pull to minimize your HP's across all your reports. If you end up having to recon and they said they want to see another report, by all means unlock the other one as well, but don't make it easy for them to ding your credit profile automatically.

Let the debate begin. haha

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 6 of 41
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@bluedog1 wrote:

They double pulled me for a CLI as well.  I'm also in Florida.

Florida's one of those states where most people are deadbeats. So they have to be extra careful. Smiley Tongue

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 7 of 41
flyingace
Valued Member

FWIW, I've applied twice to Chase (Amazon V and Freedom) and both times they pulled Experian. My last like two or three pulls on EXP are Chase.

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 8 of 41
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

ohh boy! this discussion again! haha Smiley Very Happy

I said it in the previous thread about this and I'll say it again. If its convenient for you (and not expensive). Keep all your reports locked all the time, do a little research and only unlock the one you think they will pull to minimize your HP's across all your reports. If you end up having to recon and they said they want to see another report, by all means unlock the other one as well, but don't make it easy for them to ding your credit profile automatically.

Let the debate begin. haha

You know you are going start an ethical debate or the whole debate on the intended purpose of a freezes..lol   but I fully agree with you Smiley Wink

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 9 of 41
theoldnocreditmaster
Valued Member

I have never had a Chase card before until I applied for the CSP last week. EX was my lowest score. They pulled all three CRA’s on me. It may because of the credit line they issued to me which was 28K - not sure. I want the Marriot Card as a companion card, but it’s not worth another three hits to me at this point and time.  

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.