Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase doing double pulls now?

tag
TM82
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase doing double pulls now?

I have 6 cards with Chase and 5 of the 6 were EX pulls. The 6th one was an EQ since I had that one unfrozen.

Never had a double or triple pull for any cards.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 11 of 41
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Thanks for all the replies.

I only have one chase card right now...the INK. And it was a single pull on TU. I'm in PA. I had a low 700s score at the time. That's all I know.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 12 of 41
JonStur
Established Contributor

Approved for Freedom last week, pulled TU in Ohio....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 13 of 41
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

ohh boy! this discussion again! haha Smiley Very Happy

I said it in the previous thread about this and I'll say it again. If its convenient for you (and not expensive). Keep all your reports locked all the time, do a little research and only unlock the one you think they will pull to minimize your HP's across all your reports. If you end up having to recon and they said they want to see another report, by all means unlock the other one as well, but don't make it easy for them to ding your credit profile automatically.

Let the debate begin. haha

Lol....I am not usually on this board.....I'm mainly still on the rebuilding board.......newbie question...How do you know which CCC will pull which report in order to unlock the correct CRB?

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 14 of 41
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@NJTurnpike wrote:

I said it in the previous thread about this and I'll say it again. If its convenient for you (and not expensive). Keep all your reports locked all the time, do a little research and only unlock the one you think they will pull to minimize your HP's across all your reports. If you end up having to recon and they said they want to see another report, by all means unlock the other one as well, but don't make it easy for them to ding your credit profile automatically.

Lol....I am not usually on this board.....I'm mainly still on the rebuilding board.......newbie question...How do you know which CCC will pull which report in order to unlock the correct CRB?

Not sure I agree with the strategy (seems pointless waste of time and effort to me, inquiries aren't a big deal in the FICO model), but if you google for "credit pulls database" there's a most excellent online resource by lender.  Attempting to force a lender to use a specific bureau isn't ethical, and this middle ground is a little suspect too as a result.

        
Message 15 of 41
Biraeta
Valued Member

Just wanted to say I applied for FREEDOM and they pulled EX and TU for me. Im in Indiana.

Jumped out the Garden! But I'm running back with Roses!

Message 16 of 41
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 17 of 41
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@NJTurnpike wrote:

Not sure I agree with the strategy (seems pointless waste of time and effort to me, inquiries aren't a big deal in the FICO model), but if you google for "credit pulls database" there's a most excellent online resource by lender.  Attempting to force a lender to use a specific bureau isn't ethical, and this middle ground is a little suspect too as a result.

Not trying to force a lender to pull my most favorable report in the least. I'm just trying to limit the lender to what they are likely to pull. For me its a matter of "paying" more than sticker price for the credit line I want. my relationship between the CCC and myself is a business one. As such, I will pay a price I feel is justified. Namely one pull. If they want to renegotiate, I'm fine with that, just not going to immediately pay their asking price and I want the choice whether to pay the higher price.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 18 of 41
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@Anonymous

Always trying to start something. Lol

Smiley Wink

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 19 of 41
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@NJTurnpike wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Not trying to force a lender to pull my most favorable report in the least. I'm just trying to limit the lender to what they are likely to pull. For me its a matter of "paying" more than sticker price for the credit line I want. my relationship between the CCC and myself is a business one. As such, I will pay a price I feel is justified. Namely one pull. If they want to renegotiate, I'm fine with that, just not going to immediately pay their asking price and I want the choice whether to pay the higher price.

Yeah, that's why I termed it a middle ground.  I underestand your point, simply we have different values for the cost of an inquiry.   If I'm applying for a card, it's because there's a financial reward involved either by establishing my credit report, or now looking at better rewards packages for my spend.  That tends to overshadow any slight penalty incurred by an additional inquiry on a secondary or tertiary bureau.

        
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.