Regular Contributor
TM82

Re: Chase doing double pulls now?

I have 6 cards with Chase and 5 of the 6 were EX pulls. The 6th one was an EQ since I had that one unfrozen.

Never had a double or triple pull for any cards.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Established Contributor
ztnjpv

Thanks for all the replies.

I only have one chase card right now...the INK. And it was a single pull on TU. I'm in PA. I had a low 700s score at the time. That's all I know.

Starting Scores (Sept 2011): All lower-mid 600s. CURRENTLY: TU FICO: 801 (3/28/14), EQ FICO 808 (3/28/14), EX FICO 798 (9/4/13) (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Established Contributor
JonStur

Approved for Freedom last week, pulled TU in Ohio....

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Frequent Contributor
Cheryla18

NJTurnpike wrote:

ohh boy! this discussion again! haha :smileyvery-happy:

I said it in the previous thread about this and I'll say it again. If its convenient for you (and not expensive). Keep all your reports locked all the time, do a little research and only unlock the one you think they will pull to minimize your HP's across all your reports. If you end up having to recon and they said they want to see another report, by all means unlock the other one as well, but don't make it easy for them to ding your credit profile automatically.

Let the debate begin. haha

Lol....I am not usually on this board.....I'm mainly still on the rebuilding board.......newbie question...How do you know which CCC will pull which report in order to unlock the correct CRB?

myFico EQ 612 (8/14) 596 (2/14) 574 (12/13) 497(1-7-13
myFico Exp 626 (2-10-14) 602 (11-17-13)
MyFico TU 618 (2-10-14) 589 (11-17-13)
Current Goal 640
Final Goal. 700
Revelate

Cheryla18 wrote:

NJTurnpike wrote:

I said it in the previous thread about this and I'll say it again. If its convenient for you (and not expensive). Keep all your reports locked all the time, do a little research and only unlock the one you think they will pull to minimize your HP's across all your reports. If you end up having to recon and they said they want to see another report, by all means unlock the other one as well, but don't make it easy for them to ding your credit profile automatically.

Lol....I am not usually on this board.....I'm mainly still on the rebuilding board.......newbie question...How do you know which CCC will pull which report in order to unlock the correct CRB?

Not sure I agree with the strategy (seems pointless waste of time and effort to me, inquiries aren't a big deal in the FICO model), but if you google for "credit pulls database" there's a most excellent online resource by lender.  Attempting to force a lender to use a specific bureau isn't ethical, and this middle ground is a little suspect too as a result.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
Biraeta

Just wanted to say I applied for FREEDOM and they pulled EX and TU for me. Im in Indiana.

Jumped out the Garden! But I'm running back with Roses!

09Lexie

Established Contributor
NJTurnpike

Revelate wrote:

Cheryla18 wrote:

NJTurnpike wrote:

Not sure I agree with the strategy (seems pointless waste of time and effort to me, inquiries aren't a big deal in the FICO model), but if you google for "credit pulls database" there's a most excellent online resource by lender.  Attempting to force a lender to use a specific bureau isn't ethical, and this middle ground is a little suspect too as a result.

Not trying to force a lender to pull my most favorable report in the least. I'm just trying to limit the lender to what they are likely to pull. For me its a matter of "paying" more than sticker price for the credit line I want. my relationship between the CCC and myself is a business one. As such, I will pay a price I feel is justified. Namely one pull. If they want to renegotiate, I'm fine with that, just not going to immediately pay their asking price and I want the choice whether to pay the higher price.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Established Contributor
NJTurnpike

[ Edited ]

09Lexie wrote:
@NJ

Always trying to start something. Lol

:smileywink:

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Revelate

NJTurnpike wrote:

Revelate wrote:

Not trying to force a lender to pull my most favorable report in the least. I'm just trying to limit the lender to what they are likely to pull. For me its a matter of "paying" more than sticker price for the credit line I want. my relationship between the CCC and myself is a business one. As such, I will pay a price I feel is justified. Namely one pull. If they want to renegotiate, I'm fine with that, just not going to immediately pay their asking price and I want the choice whether to pay the higher price.

Yeah, that's why I termed it a middle ground.  I underestand your point, simply we have different values for the cost of an inquiry.   If I'm applying for a card, it's because there's a financial reward involved either by establishing my credit report, or now looking at better rewards packages for my spend.  That tends to overshadow any slight penalty incurred by an additional inquiry on a secondary or tertiary bureau.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+