Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase double HP!

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Chase double HP!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! YOU RUINED IT CHASE!

Applied for Freedom on thanksgiving day and was 99.9% sure they would hp TU which they did.  Trying to have 0 inquiries on EX so I can look best when I app for amex next year and what do I just find out?  An HP on EX as well!

I guess Chase was iffy on my pitally derog from 2006 for 200 bucks that I refuse to pay and decided to check another report.

Some of you may be thinking "dont you check your reports"? yeah I do but I planned wisely to have my app spree all land on TU then request CLI's with NFCU which land on EQ and have EX looking flawless so when that last baddie falls off I can app with amex with 0 inquiries.

Okay Im off to bed I need to sleep this off.

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase double HP!

@rootpooty wrote:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! YOU RUINED IT CHASE!

Applied for Freedom on thanksgiving day and was 99.9% sure they would hp TU which they did.  Trying to have 0 inquiries on EX so I can look best when I app for amex next year and what do I just find out?  An HP on EX as well!

I guess Chase was iffy on my pitally derog from 2006 for 200 bucks that I refuse to pay and decided to check another report.

Some of you may be thinking "dont you check your reports"? yeah I do but I planned wisely to have my app spree all land on TU then request CLI's with NFCU which land on EQ and have EX looking flawless so when that last baddie falls off I can app with amex with 0 inquiries.

Unfortunately, I fail to see how Chase ruined it.  When it comes to applying for credit, individuals should always take into consideration the possibility or risk of a secondary report being pulled, especially if the primary file appears "borderline" for the lender from an underwriting perspective.

While the outcome may appear unfortunate on the surface with your planned strategy, lenders can pull ANY credit file for the sole purpose to determine your credit eligibility.  Nothing is absolute.  However, it sounds like you were aware of the derogatory item that may have potentially lurked on your TU file, which in turn resulted in Chase pulling an alternate report for which they had permissible purpose.

Time will heal the HP on your EX and its effects, it's not the end of the world.

Message 2 of 4
distantarray
Established Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

looking at your cards and your limits on the signiture i'm surprised you didn't see the viable chance of a double pull =\

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 4
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Don't sweat this at all.  One inquiry on EX is not going to kill your chances for an Amex.  I had at least four inquiries, and was approved for a PRG in August and then an SPG and BCP last month.  Score was about 680 or so in August and 722 last month.  Keep working on your score and you won't have a problem getting an Amex.  I would start with a charge and then, if you want one, go for a revolver four to six months after you get the charge.  Best of luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.