Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase double pulls???

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Chase double pulls???

I had no idea, I'm probably the only one that didn't. Lol. So does Citi. Bank of America and Amex seem to be the only ones who single pull. I apped for Chase, Citi and Cap Ones the most during my spree, no wonder they racked up so fast across all CRs. lol
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase double pulls???

Yeah. TU and EX.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
I had no idea, I'm probably the only one that didn't. Lol. So does Citi. Bank of America and Amex seem to be the only ones who single pull. I apped for Chase, Citi and Cap Ones the most during my spree, no wonder they racked up so fast across all CRs. lol

Chase has only double pulled me for the Ink Plus.... Heh heh.

Message 3 of 14
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Looking at my CR Chase and Citi double pulled my EQ and EX every time. No wonder I had such a hard time getting approved
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K

Message 4 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@icyhot wrote:

I got double pulled for a number of different cards. Amex and Chase both double pulled 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 14
icyhot
Valued Contributor

And Discover seems pretty inconsistent but I've given up on them anyway. Good thing I only want to apply for 2 more cards (one Chase one Citi)

Message 6 of 14
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Every single Chase and Citi card I have had has been a double pull. When my scores were in the 600s years ago, it was always a double pull. Today, it is still a double pull as I get close to 800. As you can imagine, my EQ and EX reports are almost entirely Chase and Citi inquiries with a few AmEx sprinkled in. All of my other creditors rely on TU except Macy's.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase did one double pull on me (EX and EQ) for my Freedom and AARP (I applied two weeks apart) and then another double pull (EX and EQ again) when I applied for Marriott (totally worth it though, for the $9000 limit they gave me).

Message 8 of 14
icyhot
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

I got double pulled for a number of different cards. Amex and Chase both double pulled 

Amex has only ever single pulled me. I guess it depends on the person. But definitely no more Capital One cards for me. Sheesh what was I thinking.

Message 9 of 14
icyhot
Valued Contributor

@Sharingan wrote:

Every single Chase and Citi card I have had has been a double pull. When my scores were in the 600s years ago, it was always a double pull. Today, it is still a double pull as I get close to 800. As you can imagine, my EQ and EX reports are almost entirely Chase and Citi inquiries with a few AmEx sprinkled in. All of my other creditors rely on TU except Macy's.

That just solidifies my goal into waiting until 6 months after my last HP (5/14/15) to app for the Marriott and Thank You Premier. Even tho I might get cocky and app earlier once my scores go up Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.