Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase easing CC approval criteria?

tag
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Chase easing CC approval criteria?

Seriously - I feel that Chase has eased the criteria for credit card approvals ... I've been approved for three major credit cards in just two months .. this would've been impossible to happen six months ago!

I was approved for Chase Marriott - United Mileage Plus and CSP!

Current Cards:
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase easing CC approval criteria?

@altayar wrote:

Seriously - I feel that Chase has eased the criteria for credit card approvals ... I've been approved for three major credit cards in just two months .. this would've been impossible to happen six months ago!

or maybe your profile is improving.   Congrats on approvals!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 6
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

I agree, your profile may be improving. However, I do think that a lot of banks are loosening their purse strings since the financial collapse, especially within the last year.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Chase has definitely become more lenient. I was approved for the Freedom a couple months ago with only one revolver reporting for 3 months. I have 100% on time payments and I do have a car loan and installment loan but the revolver was FingerHut. I love my Freedom card!
Message 4 of 6
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

@altayar wrote:

I was thinking the same thing after recently being approved for Southwest and United MIleage Plus cards within 30 days, and the Barclays US Airways card.  However, I do see that two baddies I have are starting to drop off my reports.  I then ended up closing several of my small limit cards, which felt very good to do.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 5 of 6
Open123
Super Contributor

Credit extension requirements are constantly changing.  

There's no doubt the approval criteria now is much more lenient than it was during the height of the 2008 credit crisis.  A good rule of thumb is to apply when credit is easy, and to refrain when it's tight.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.