Chase fraud alert

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase fraud alert

3:00 am!
Chase fraud alert comes in for 25.00
Contractor called SQ Ready Set Done & G, CA
Fly out of bed..its my SW Airlines and just bad luck...
My first vacation in over 6 years starts today...
Too busy paying old debt and rebuilding to afford a vacation..
Chase above and beyond. On it! Card cancelled and they are overnighting my new card to resort I'm staying at.
Rattled...rarely ever use this card.
Thought to share .I keep my credit cards locked in safe..always secure and only out the day I use. Then back to safe.
Scary..hoping single event..as I have 42 credit cards and only a couple have balances of 200. or less.
Worried my Freedom is next.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase fraud alert

Stressful! Hoping it all turns out well.

In my wallet: QS 5k; Venture 15k; Barclay Apple Rewards 2k; CareCredit 7.7k; BofA Platinum Visa 2k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; Amazon Store Card 5k; Discover 10k; Barclay Ring Platinum MasterCard. 12.5k. Total Credit: 66,200. 6/27-FICO: EQ - 789; TU - 781; EX - 690; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 4; TU: 7; EX 7; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes very! Ty.
Who the hell needs coffee??
Fraud Alerts are like 10 pots of coffee hitting!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase cards seems susceptible to a lot of fraud.. My Ritz got hit 2 weeks ago also.  But they are very vigilant and will send you a new one quickly.

Message 4 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I keep my credit cards locked in safe..always secure and only out the day I use. Then back to safe.

While that helps they don't need access to your cards or online account.  In some cases data is leaked at the source.  In some cases they're using a computer generated list and then testing out the list with small purchases until they find a card/CSC/expiry combo that works and then use that combo for larger transactions.

@Anonymous wrote:
Worried my Freedom is next.

No need to worry over it.  You're protected.  Just monitor all of your accounts and take action when you spot fraud or receive a notification.

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 42 credit cards

Again, as long as you can actively monitor them all for fraud.  If not, you might want to pare it down.

Message 5 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I feel for you... when I had a bogus charge on one of my cards, it was promptly dealt with but I almost drove myself mad changing passwords on every online account I have.  I know which online account was hacked, but that almost made it worse since I didn't know if it was a problem with the security of the website, or if my own computer had been compromised.  It did drive me to completely update *everything* and start using a VPN away from home, so I guess in the end it was (strangely) for the best, but it was very stressful.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weak LOL
In that driving myself mad stage..changing passwords...
Myfico certainly helps in times like this...
Knowledge and knowing others have walked in same shoes.
Ready for a spa massage!
Message 7 of 9
medo
Frequent Contributor

I'm starting to think that Chase may have been hacked or something.  And why is it that SQ has been responsible for so many fraudulent charges?  I too have been a victim of fraudulent charges placed by SQ.

They really need to get their act together (SQ).

Message 8 of 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Chase is very good at catching fraud and sending you a new card to where ever you are at. That's pretty good in my book. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.