Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom 30 and 14 day messages

tag
drock
Valued Member

Chase freedom 30 and 14 day messages

I applied for the Chase Freedom card online a few days ago and got the dreaded 30 day message. I then looked up the backdoor number, called and got an automated message stating that I'd receive my status in the mail within "about 14 days." I called again and pushed the number to talk to a rep and she told me that it's still being reviewed and I'd have to wait on the mail or call back. The thing is, I know they pulled my Equifax report the day I applied, so I'm wondering what's taking so long. If I'm declined, I'd want to be reconsidered and am wondering if that's better to ask sooner rather than later. Any suggestions on getting an answer so I can figure out how to proceed? Thanks!

Starting Score: 683
Current Scores: fico (not fako) as of 06/23/12 - tu-772, eq-728, ex-???
Goal Score: 750 across all 3 CBs

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Chase freedom 30 and 14 day messages

Yes, they pulled your report the day you applied. Your report/score was not enough for auto-approval, but wasn't low enough for auto decline either. It will take them 1-5 days to review your full report and determine if you are "worthy" or not. You can continue to call each day to see if your status has changed, but ultimately you just have to have patience.

What is your credit file like? Fico scores, utlization, AAoA, any baddies?

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Message 2 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@cdtotten wrote:

Yes, they pulled your report the day you applied. Your report/score was not enough for auto-approval, but wasn't low enough for auto decline either. It will take them 1-5 days to review your full report and determine if you are "worthy" or not. You can continue to call each day to see if your status has changed, but ultimately you just have to have patience.

What is your credit file like? Fico scores, utlization, AAoA, any baddies?

If Chase needs to verify anything  and plan to approve you they will call you. 

Message 3 of 9
drock
Valued Member

Thanks for the responses. My scores range from 684-689 depending on the bureau (i've been rebuilding), I always pay in full but my utilization is usually less the 30% if they base it on balances at the time of my statements. I don't know what AAoA means, sorry! I'm new to the forum, so I'm still learning the acronyms. I definitely have a couple of baddies, but they are older than 4 years.

Since then, I was approved for a citi card (5k CL) which I had for 2 years, always paying in full and never late (cancelled it because I moved and american miles didn't help anymore) and now have two amex cards, both of which I've acquired in the last 6 months. So, other than the old baddies, I'm really just worried about recent inquiries/new accounts. I also have student loans which I've payed on time for the past 4 years.

Thanks for your response!

Message 4 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

Chase Freedom card may be a little more difficult to get approved for since a cashback bonus is connected with it. 

Message 5 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@drock wrote:

Thanks for the responses. My scores range from 684-689 depending on the bureau (i've been rebuilding), I always pay in full but my utilization is usually less the 30% if they base it on balances at the time of my statements. I don't know what AAoA means, sorry! I'm new to the forum, so I'm still learning the acronyms. I definitely have a couple of baddies, but they are older than 4 years.

Since then, I was approved for a citi card (5k CL) which I had for 2 years, always paying in full and never late (cancelled it because I moved and american miles didn't help anymore) and now have two amex cards, both of which I've acquired in the last 6 months. So, other than the old baddies, I'm really just worried about recent inquiries/new accounts. I also have student loans which I've payed on time for the past 4 years.

Thanks for your response!

Welcome to the forums.

AAoA = Average Age of Accounts.

Here is a list of Abbreviations.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 9
drock
Valued Member

Just called the automated line again and the response has changed to "you will be notified in 7-10 days" so it looks like there's something happening... Hopefully an approval!

Message 7 of 9
drock
Valued Member

Awesome, thanks! My oldest account is 9.5 years, I think the average age then, would be about 5.

Message 8 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@drock wrote:
Awesome, thanks! My oldest account is 9.5 years, I think the average age then, would be about 5.

Your AAoA is the sum of the ages of every account (except CA collections and public records) on your report, whether open or closed, calculated in months, divided by the number of accounts and then divided by 12. I use the division by 12 to make it easier to convert into years. This is measured from the time each account was opened until present.

You’ll need to figure the age of each account, open or closed, on each report. If all three reports are identical (very unlikely), you're in luck; otherwise, you'll need to run this for each report.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.