Regular Contributor
keithc

Chase freedom Question

Since i got chase rewards should i use it at the walmart gas bar or use my walmart discover where it gives me  3 cents discount at the pump??
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Chase freedom Question

keithc wrote:
Since i got chase rewards should i use it at the walmart gas bar or use my walmart discover where it gives me  3 cents discount at the pump??

Well, I don't know the details of the cards, but 3 cents discount on $1/ gal gas is 3%, but 3 cents discount on $2/ gal gas is just 1.5%.

So it depends on the rewards structure of each card, and your local cost of gas. Not to mention which bank you want to keep happy!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
keithc

Re: Chase freedom Question

Many thanks, Hauling!!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}