Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom Reporting CL

tag
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Chase freedom Reporting CL

I chould have swore when I did my research I got the card that reported your credit line... my first statement hit my report beofre my payment processed and it shows my highest balance used but no credit limit... my CL is 3000 my highest was 950 and my balance was 500. I put about 1500 in payments into the card as I use it for my  everyday purchases and groceries... since on average we spend 1000.00 a month on gorceries... will this update or did I chose the wrong card and if so could I ask for a product change to one that reports. I have very low limits on those that report... so I need my uti to be correct.
 I have such a hard time with getting my payments in before the updates and when I do they only report to one or maybe two of the CRAs
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase freedom Reporting CL

Did you get the Signature version?  That's the one that doesn't report a CL.

Message 2 of 18
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

no nothing says signiture on it
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Freedom and made sure to state 2x that I did NOT want the signature card.  What did they send me? A signature card!  If it doesn't say so on the card, see if your paperwork makes any mention of a credit access line instead of a credit limit.
Message 4 of 18
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

nothing on my paper work either I just looked... sigh maybe it will update next month... or should I call?
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 5 of 18
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Jesedmotherof5 wrote:
nothing on my paper work either I just looked... sigh maybe it will update next month... or should I call?

You should probably call. They sent me the signature card also, and when I called they were more than happy to switch it to the normal version of the Freedom card.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jesedmotherof5!

Unless I overlooked something, you didn't mention if your Freedom card was a Visa or MC.  The others have mentioned the Visa Signature version of this card, but do you have a Freedom World MasterCard?
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

psychic wrote:
Hi Jesedmotherof5!

Unless I overlooked something, you didn't mention if your Freedom card was a Visa or MC.  The others have mentioned the Visa Signature version of this card, but do you have a Freedom World MasterCard?

Great point, psychic!  I didn't even think of that possiblity.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

psychic wrote:
Hi Jesedmotherof5!

Great point, psychic!  I didn't even think of that possiblity.

We don't usually think about this MC.  Dawn had the Freedom World MC.  However, most members write about their experiences with the Freedom Signature Visa card. 
Message 9 of 18
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Its a visa... but I just went through my cardholder agreement and it says Credit acess line... no pre set spending limit, Instead each carge is evaluated based on my spending and payment patterns..
I just dont get why they would set it up like this. Why did they say 3k if they dont really mean it? I gotta look at my reports and see hwat caring any balance on this card does to my UTI... I really wanted it to be my everyday card but I dont want to take a chance at having a statement cut with a balance it and since I charge like 500 a week for grocries and household items there will always be that chance.
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.