Valued Member
vn25

Re: Chase freedom: ask for CLI or close and reapply?

[ Edited ]
Hi guys, the discussion on this thread is exactly the internal debate I've been having...risk vs. reward...does a potentially higher CL from a new app justify the hit to AAoA (which is now almost 8 years which I'm very proud of!)...and also would it flag as suspicious.

A quick snapshot to help analyze my credit situation: personal income about 40k, CSP 9.1k limit, BCP 9k limit, freedom 1k limit. AU on another freedom with 13k limit and AU on Costco Amex with 25k limit. Also over a year into my first car lease.

I have some investments but those don't show up on CR so its moot.

FAKO scores high 700s low 800s, never a single baddie, ever.
Frequent Contributor
Laugh

[ Edited ]

Don't close your account! You might get a measly $500 credit limit.

I think you're likely to be overextended due to the fact that your total credit limits exceed your income. I would close the two AU accounts and then ask for a credit limit increase on the freedom card. 

Wait for others to chime in before taking my course of action.

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Established Member
R3DLINE

Why dont you open a chase Freedom mastercard and then if you get the high limit move it over to the visa later

ECU: 7000 (6.25% Fixed) -- Chase Freedom: 3000 (19.99%) -- Citi Dividend: 3000 (13.25%) -- Amex: 2000 (?% promo 0%) -- UWCU: 2.5k (11.45%) -- Barclay Apple: 1500 (Will never use again) -- Paypal: 2.6k (Use for promo 0% only) -- Cap 1: 2000 (Sock drw. 22.99%) -- Cap 1: 2000 (sock drw. 19.99%)

ECU auto loan (2.99% for 72 months on 2013 Dodge Avenger V6)
Senior in school for Civil Engineering

Scores: TU: 713 EQ: ? EX: 698
Blogger
HiLine

Your current level of income doesn't warrant a significant CLI IMO. Between the two cards you already have 10k in credit limit with Chase. You may want to save the HP for something else. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+