Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom + checking

tag
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Re: Chase freedom + checking

WOAH!!!! you're saying if I bring my DD 214 in I qualify for Chase military banking? I'm definately doing this. 

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 41 of 44
Astraywhit

Yeah, there's a difference between military and military active with dd going in

Military is for anyone whose ever served. You get a premier checking which is free checks, cashier checks, money order, gift cards, liquid card, etc

You don't need any minimum balance or direct deposit and it is free. Basically the same account as someone who has 15k or more in deposits and investments with chase.

With military dd going in, you get no fee for non chase ATM, no foreign transaction fees for non-US purchases, on top of that

You just need proof and DD214 suffices

Jamie dimon is huge on military, before the relief act was enacted it was a part of chase policy not to foreclose on any service man or woman on duty and if so..big trouble..but free house for the injuried party
Message 42 of 44
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

I wonder if I put my GI Bill BAH direct deposit will I qualify for the enhanced banking.  Never hurts to ask. It's more than I made when I was enlisted Smiley Happy

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 43 of 44
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

So, I went ahead and signed up with chase. I got a $200 coupon off eBay and signed up online. It's been 2 full days and my initial deposit has not showed up in my account. Smiley Sad I deposited it with my BofA bank card. Didn't know it would take so long!
Anyone know how long to receive the debit card in the mail?
Also, I signed up for the checking account while logged into the chase website. So now I log in and both my freedom and checking accounts show. Does this mean they are linked to get me the 10% extra at the end of the year?
Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.