cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom denied-should I call recon line?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase freedom denied-should I call recon line?

Keep calling till you get someone to give you a $250 limit and 22.9% apr.
Message 11 of 23
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thought the min was $500

Explain that you have been responsible with your current card

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 12 of 23
ddemari
Super Contributor

It took me a long time to realize i should only blindly apply for a credit card when I know my reports. Wait at least 3 months, apply when you have your card reporting less than 7% or reporting zero. i applied for freedom a year ago, denied for one card having a 50 % utilization and overall utilization of 25%.

Applied 6 months later with overall utilization of 1% and instantly approved. I wish it could have happened overnight but it took time. Apply for a cap1 platinium or qs1 on Friday to help with your utilization. You need another card if you can aftord /use it right.
Message 13 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Skye12329 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thought the min was $500

Explain that you have been responsible with your current card

CLs can be assigned as low as $250.  And let's see, $250 (or even $500 - if approved) with a 22.9% APR with a CC that will not grow even by CLI standards with Chase or wait until the profile is more mature so it is positioned for a better chance of approval and much better terms?... oh decisions, decisions.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CC has been paid in full each month. No late payments or anything. If that's not responsible then idk what is. I just don't know my reporting date apparently. Purchased an airline ticket and paid it off after I got my bill and a few days before the due date.

Granted that my application is apparently active for 30 days, should I call for a recon again in a few days/weeks and hope cap1 reports a new updated balance that shows a utilization of 0%?
Message 15 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

You realize anytime one keeps calling this is documented with their notes right?  Not sure how that's going to help the OP if the results yield the same outcome.

Message 16 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
My CC has been paid in full each month. No late payments or anything. If that's not responsible then idk what is. I just don't know my reporting date apparently. Purchased an airline ticket and paid it off after I got my bill and a few days before the due date.

Granted that my application is apparently active for 30 days, should I call for a recon again in a few days/weeks and hope cap1 reports a new updated balance that shows a utilization of 0%?

They are still going to use the same HP which would reflect nothing dramatic as far as a change to swing in your favor.  You realize the Freedom CC is not going anywhere anytime soon and the sign up bonuses are still available right?

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm aware, I just don't necessarily want too many hard pulls as I establish credit. If nothing would change in any case then that's much different. I've survived my entire adult life on cash/debit and have been reluctant to open a CC so I might seem a bit impatient and frustrated regarding getting my first unsecured card and establishing credit. I apologize for that
Message 18 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm aware, I just don't necessarily want too many hard pulls as I establish credit. If nothing would change in any case then that's much different. I've survived my entire adult life on cash/debit and have been reluctant to open a CC so I might seem a bit impatient and frustrated regarding getting my first unsecured card and establishing credit. I apologize for that

If you keep calling them, it's going to look more of a desperate effort than anything.  Your experience will vary from others - some can get in while others may have to wait.  You may be impatient but the world of credit is not a race.  You have to start somewhere, small steps lead to bigger steps.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol. You guys fail to see the humor in my post. Eventually an analyst will cave in and give the OP the worst possible terms.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.