cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom or wait?...i want to have another option.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase freedom or wait?...i want to have another option.

Hi guys, Im new to these forums but im been reading alot. I been contemplating wether or not to apply for a chase freedom card, this past week i got approved for a discover it with a CL of 1000 and ive had a BOA cash rewards for 11 months witha CL of only 500.

I think the reason BOA hasnt bumped up my CL its because i use my card alot and sometimes i went over the CL but i always paid it before the statement close. One time i did forget to make a payment for a balance of $22. 

Not sure if i shoud apply or not, i would like to add another card so i can build the credit right as im fairly new to credit 1YR.

Thanks in advance .

Actually i have never inquired my fico scores guys, i just now started getting serious about credit.

my only two inquiries have been the original BOA card 11 months ago and this discover one thjis past week. As far as i know i dont have any collections and no other debts.

I will be able to monitor my Fico once i start getting statements with discover.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase freedom or wait?...i want to have another option.

Well i say you can wait for the statement and know at least your TU score , in my case the last 2 times i try for chase they pull TU , but that change. 

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well i say you can wait for the statement and know at least your TU score , in my case the last 2 times i try for chase they pull TU , but that change. 

Depends on region.

Experian in CA. 

Message 3 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Depends on region.

Experian in CA. 

Chase can also pull EQ.  In some instances two CRs, primary and secondary... YEMV when you apply.

Message 4 of 27
Open123
Super Contributor

My last several Chase apps have resulted in double pulls--EX and EQ.

Message 5 of 27
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Both of my Chase cards resulted in pulls from Ex and TU. 

Message 6 of 27
joeaseer
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys, Im new to these forums but im been reading alot. I been contemplating wether or not to apply for a chase freedom card, this past week i got approved for a discover it with a CL of 1000 and ive had a BOA cash rewards for 11 months witha CL of only 500.

I think the reason BOA hasnt bumped up my CL its because i use my card alot and sometimes i went over the CL but i always paid it before the statement close. One time i did forget to make a payment for a balance of $22. 

Not sure if i shoud apply or not, i would like to add another card so i can build the credit right as im fairly new to credit 1YR.

Thanks in advance .

Actually i have never inquired my fico scores guys, i just now started getting serious about credit.

my only two inquiries have been the original BOA card 11 months ago and this discover one thjis past week. As far as i know i dont have any collections and no other debts.

I will be able to monitor my Fico once i start getting statements with discover.

The Chase Freedom card was my first credit card, then I got a Discover It card with a 1,000 limit. This is why my advice should help you. The Discover IT card has more benefits than the Chase Freedom does for the rest of the year. Maybe wait until Jan 2016 to get it. And by then do a Credit Line Increase with Discover IT and get 1,500 to 3,000 or so limit. And after that you should wait until both your cards statements cut and then apply for the Chase Freedom hopefully that'll get you a better starting limit.

EQ Score: 784 | TU Score: 758 | EX Score: 760 | Goal Score: 800+
INQ = TU: 1 | EQ: 0 | EX: 4
Utilization: 0% usually or at most 1% - 3%.
Amex BCE (Approved: 11/2015): $24k ($6k SL) | Discover IT (Approved: 07/2015): $16k ($1k SL)
Citi DC WEMC (Approved: 07/2016): $14.5k ($4.6k SL) | Chase SR (Approved: 01/2017): $11k
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Approved: 07/2016): $7.5k | Chase Freedom (Approved: 12/2014): $5k ($500 SL)
Citi Simplicity (Aprroved: 07/2018): $4.5k | Total CL: $82.5k
Message 7 of 27
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I agree, if you have Discover, there is basically no reason to get a Freedom at the moment. Wait until 2016.

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

keep in mind too the discover can grow. the chase most likely won't so whatever limit you get with the freedom you'll basically be an elderly person with that same limit lol. 80% of people i would guess don't ever see a CLI from the freedom. i would take advantage of what discover is offering for the next 12 months and maybe see about the freedom then. if you want options maybe go with barclay
Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley LOL 50 years later and still $500 limit , i like too discover more and im thinkin try it too but the problem is my bills just accept visa or mastercard and i want more the card for that and thats why maybe i try freedom more or in any case both. 

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.