Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom unlimited / slate and sapphire prefered invitation

tag
Lebronjames20
Established Member

Chase freedom unlimited / slate and sapphire prefered invitation

hi all

i received a invite through the mail forr all the chase cards stated above. do you think i should go for it? i was thinking about the chase freedom but read read reviews that people will 715 plus credit score were getting denied. i have a 756. 21 years old college student. i have amex everday with 10k limit and a discover with measly 500. what do you suggest? thanks all

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase freedom unlimited / slate and sapphire prefered invitation

I say go for the sapphire first. Most people who got denied hit the 5/24 rule. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too say go for it! I was accepted with a Fico 8 score between a 756-766.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I say go for the sapphire first. Most people who got denied hit the 5/24 rule. 

Going for the Sapphire first is a bad idea, especially if his credit is short, which seems to be the case. Slate on the other hand isn't very interesting, unless OP is in need of a BT, which he didn't mention. FU is by far the most reasonable choice, this is what I would do. Of course he's pre-approved for all of them as it seems, so he could pull the trigger on both FU and CSP at the same time to get the most out of the credit hit.

Message 4 of 6
Lebronjames20
Established Member

*UPDATE* i applied for for the freedom unlimited and was instantly approved for 5.5k! thanks guys!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might be able to apply for the saphire with the same HP. Not sure if you just apply online or if you'd need to call. But might be worth a shot since you already had the HP done. Someone with more knowledge than I might be able to give you better advice on the second card application. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.