Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom??

tag
dabolts_619
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase freedom??

called in was denied because off 7 year old charge off 1 pif 1 unpaid. was going to recon but don't know what to saylol
Message 11 of 20
dabolts_619
Regular Contributor

any advice from somebody with similar situation that got approved??
Message 12 of 20
tpmlls
New Contributor

I had to recon 3x for my Freedom card, but was eventually approved and the ONLY reason I kept calling, was from the advice I received on here! I was nervous as heck too, to call again after being told "No," but I just told them why I wanted to have an account with them, and that even if I can have a small limit to start with to show my credit-worthiness, I would appreciate it. I told them that I have screwed up my credit when I was younger, and did not know the future ramifications of having CO's, but I do now, and am trying to show that! Also, be prepared to state why you have the negatives on your reports, DO NOT LIE, just be straightforward and honest. Keep us posted and call them back! You already took a HP, so do not quit yet!

....(Steps off soapbox)

Good luck!

Message 13 of 20
dabolts_619
Regular Contributor

approved yessssss
Message 14 of 20
tpmlls
New Contributor

AWESOME!! What did you say? Any idea of limit yet? It is a great card, glad you didn't take multiple no's for an answer! Well done.
Message 15 of 20
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATS!!  Your persistence paid off!  What is your CL?

Message 16 of 20
dabolts_619
Regular Contributor

darn i was so excited forgot to ask. @tp I did what you said. lol
Message 17 of 20
dabolts_619
Regular Contributor

500 cl
Message 18 of 20
tpmlls
New Contributor

That is right where they started me at, and I am now at $3,500 CL. Chase likes to see heavy usage and paying in full or at least as much as possible. 

Message 19 of 20
dabolts_619
Regular Contributor

it will be my go to card(along with nfcu) how long have you had the card???
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.