Re: Chase freedom

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Iorek wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Iorek wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

i got my chase freedom card today finally in the mail. The one thing i was an bit bummed about was that they couldn't PC from visa to MC. They said i would have to reapply for a new card. I definately would not want to do that and get another hp. Am I out of the options if i want an freedom MC? 

On a side note has anybody had any problems where visa wasn't accpeted anywhere , and MC was?

Sams Club would be the ONLY place I could think of... Visa/MC go hand in hand.

I thought i remember reading some where that mc is accepted in more places than visa, but i don't think i have come into contact with any places that only take mc over visa. We don't have sams club in my state so that shouldn't really matter. The only reason i was going to go for an MC, is it seems like with most cash back cc they all seem to be visa. Not many are mc so i thought it would be nice to have one of each. 

It's more of a pseudo cash back card, but the BofA Better Balance Rewards card is MC.

I was looking at that card but you have to have an account with BOA right, not the biggest fan of big banks, so if thats an requirement think i would pass on that. The only other mc that i saw that intrigued me was the sallie mae world master card, 5% on gas/groceries/books(amazon?) looks really appealing. 

You don't have to, you just lose out on the full potential of the card. The base card gets you $25/quarter, with a BofA checking or savings you get an extra $5/quarter for a total of $30/quarter. So you would lose out on $20/year if you had the card but not an associated account.

hmmm thats interesting i would have to look into that down the road. I am not going to be apping for an new cards till at least may of next year. its good to know though thanks. 

No problem. If you decide to get the card, do consider opening up their basic savings account. If you put $300 in and get paperless statements, you will avoid the monthly fees. In return, you will get an extra $20/year. That's a 6.66% guaranteed return. Well, technically 6.67% with the 0.01% APY on the savings account Smiley Wink

Amex BCE ($15k), TE ($5k), BoA BBR ($600), Cash Rewards ($600), Barclays Sallie Mae ($6k), CapOne Quicksilver ($4k), Chase Freedom ($5.8k), CSP ($11k), Marriott (9k), IHG (12k), DCU ($6k), Discover IT ($6.5k)
TU - 4 INQ, EX - 7 INQ, EQ - 3 INQ
Gardening since 06/25/14.
Message 11 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Iorek wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Iorek wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Iorek wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

i got my chase freedom card today finally in the mail. The one thing i was an bit bummed about was that they couldn't PC from visa to MC. They said i would have to reapply for a new card. I definately would not want to do that and get another hp. Am I out of the options if i want an freedom MC? 

On a side note has anybody had any problems where visa wasn't accpeted anywhere , and MC was?

I thought i remember reading some where that mc is accepted in more places than visa, but i don't think i have come into contact with any places that only take mc over visa. We don't have sams club in my state so that shouldn't really matter. The only reason i was going to go for an MC, is it seems like with most cash back cc they all seem to be visa. Not many are mc so i thought it would be nice to have one of each. 

It's more of a pseudo cash back card, but the BofA Better Balance Rewards card is MC.

I was looking at that card but you have to have an account with BOA right, not the biggest fan of big banks, so if thats an requirement think i would pass on that. The only other mc that i saw that intrigued me was the sallie mae world master card, 5% on gas/groceries/books(amazon?) looks really appealing. 

You don't have to, you just lose out on the full potential of the card. The base card gets you $25/quarter, with a BofA checking or savings you get an extra $5/quarter for a total of $30/quarter. So you would lose out on $20/year if you had the card but not an associated account.

hmmm thats interesting i would have to look into that down the road. I am not going to be apping for an new cards till at least may of next year. its good to know though thanks. 

No problem. If you decide to get the card, do consider opening up their basic savings account. If you put $300 in and get paperless statements, you will avoid the monthly fees. In return, you will get an extra $20/year. That's a 6.66% guaranteed return. Well, technically 6.67% with the 0.01% APY on the savings account Smiley Wink

I will have to think about it , right now my goto card for groceries eating and gas , is BCP or Costco amex . I will have to see if BoA is worth using all the time or if it will be only once in an while. I am still intrigued with sallie mae world mastercard those 5% catergories are nice lol

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 15
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Iorek wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Iorek wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Iorek wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I will have to think about it , right now my goto card for groceries eating and gas , is BCP or Costco amex . I will have to see if BoA is worth using all the time or if it will be only once in an while. I am still intrigued with sallie mae world mastercard those 5% catergories are nice lol

Indeed.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 13 of 15
xgac12x
Established Contributor

How long did it take you to get it in the mail? Its been a week since I applied, and I still havent gotten mine Smiley Sad

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 14 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I've never had issues with this.
If a biz accepts MC, they take Visa and vice versa.
The problem with acceptance is Amex and Discover -.-
Ugh, stupid Amex :-(
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.