Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase getting worse and worse- can't PC to anything and always hard pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase getting worse and worse- can't PC to anything and always hard pull

I have 4 Chase cards.  3 with limits well over 10k and 1 for 4.5K.  The CO Presidential Plus card just turned 1 year and I wanted to PC to something else since I got to Elite with the use of the card so don't need to pay for the Club access, baggage fees anymore.  Of course, no can do for Chase unless you want to opt for the One Pass card which doesn't get me anything for the $85 since I get everything through Elite status.  So that one got cancelled due to no options and the $395AF.  While I was at it, I tried to PC my Chase Freedom to Chase Sapphire Preferred since I travel a lot and they don't charge FTF on that card.  Of course, I could do so but since my limit was 4.5k they had to pull hard in order to increase my limit to above 5k to approve the product change.  The hit on the Presidential Plus pull was wasted due to the cancellation and no reason to pull hard yet again for minimum 500 limit increase.   Chase just makes no sense whatsoever.  I'll stick to my credit union plastic with no FTF.  Thank god for companies like USAA, Addison Avenue and Penfed.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase getting worse and worse- can't PC to anything and always hard pull

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 4 Chase cards.  3 with limits well over 10k and 1 for 4.5K.  The CO Presidential Plus card just turned 1 year and I wanted to PC to something else since I got to Elite with the use of the card so don't need to pay for the Club access, baggage fees anymore.  Of course, no can do for Chase unless you want to opt for the One Pass card which doesn't get me anything for the $85 since I get everything through Elite status.  So that one got cancelled due to no options and the $395AF.  While I was at it, I tried to PC my Chase Freedom to Chase Sapphire Preferred since I travel a lot and they don't charge FTF on that card.  Of course, I could do so but since my limit was 4.5k they had to pull hard in order to increase my limit to above 5k to approve the product change.  The hit on the Presidential Plus pull was wasted due to the cancellation and no reason to pull hard yet again for minimum 500 limit increase.   Chase just makes no sense whatsoever.  I'll stick to my credit union plastic with no FTF.  Thank god for companies like USAA, Addison Avenue and Penfed.

I agree....they don't allow PC, regardless how good of a relationship you have with them. I've been a member of Chase since 1999 - business/personal checking/savings - all in good standing plus not one late payment since Day 1, AND yet...there is no option of PC. I also have 3 CCs with them too! Sad fact...but it is what it is. I tried for months but gave up, haha.

The only option I have for a PC after speaking with multiple CSR - supervisor is to app for the card I want which will result in a hard pull. No TY !!

Message 2 of 7
hemi961
Regular Contributor

The Continental cards are virtually impossible to change into or out of and according to CSRs that I have spoken to it is Continental's agreement with them that doesn't allow it.  Whether that is true or not I don't know.  I recently pc'd my Freedom to Sapphire and also lacked $500 being at the $5000 minimum so I had them transfer $3500 from my Hyatt card and they did the change without a hard pull.  They wouldn't allow you to transfer credit limit from the Continental card before you closed it?  

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

[OT]  PC?  I haven't found it in the acronym thread [/OT]

Message 4 of 7
bbb925
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

[OT]  PC?  I haven't found it in the acronym thread [/OT]

Product ChangeSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
jefftca925
Established Contributor

did you ask about re-allocating your existing card limits so you can PC the Freedom?  I called about this issue before as I have 2 sub 5k cards which one qualified for the PC.  They told me I could transfer some of the limit from one non-qual card to the one I could PC to get to the 5k minimum.  I know it's crazy...but it might be possible.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

nope, i even called 2 different times to try and do this but they said it could not be done in usual Chase fashion.  It's almost like they get commissions for hard pulls.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.