Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase goes up on APR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase goes up on APR

This is a Washington Mutual, Providian card.  I don't care as when I use it I PIF.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase goes up on APR

Ya, I got my rate-jack notice yesterday.  21.9%  Perfect history.  Guess they gotta hurry and jack people before this new law?  Geez, thanks Chase.
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 2 of 13
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

My Chase Freedom jumped from 10.24 to 14.24 unfortunately.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

for the moment at least, my formerly wamu now chase account is still my lowest at 5.24.  i haven't received a notice of change yet.  i was kinda surprised i didn't get an instant jack upon chase taking over the acct.

of course this run of luck may change at any moment.  perfect history - alternating bet. smallish balance for short periods and pif, yada, yada.  i'm looking forward to some way to manage behviour to coincide with issuers expectations without the spectre of AA at every single turn... probably an unlikely prospect, at least any time soon.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 13
GregB
Valued Contributor

They just recently dropped my 8.24% to 7.24%.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They raised my rates on my TWO WAMU accounts as well.  I have 3 other Chase cards and the rates where not touched.

I called Chase and I was told that the WAMU cards may have been subprime so they where raised.  I said WHAT?  I have a Chase visa directly from chase that is now open for 32 YEARS with a $35,000 CL so why would they think that my WAMU cards may be subprime???

Anyway, they told me "nothing we can do".  I just will not carry balances on the old WAMU cards.  Sheesh.

Message 6 of 13
GregB
Valued Contributor

Mark,

I find it bizarre that they would assume that the customer was subprime just because the company recently did alot of subprime activity.

I had a mortgage with Countrywide. A totally normal 20% Conventional, no impound, no PMI, no nothing mortgage, yet I was included with Countrywide's later norm.

I kept the previous house and used it for a rental. The mortgage was thruough WAMU. Originally Home Savings, it was a totally normal loan.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They increased my index on my Amazon visa 10.99 , nominally without the pending credit cards laws . I would sure once the prime got back  around 8% I would be able talk down my rate atlrst least with chase,

When I first got my card had a index of 8.99 apr 17.24 while most other chase cards  had index of 5.99 apr 14.24, after a year I called up and said I thought I should be at least where most other accounts where., no problem, also got a extra $20 Amazon cert by making 4 additional purchases in next 30 days funny thing it was my primary card at the time, so it wasn't like I needed a reason to use the card

but now that i'll paying for those below me not a chance.

Message 8 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

GregB wrote:

Mark,

I find it bizarre that they would assume that the customer was subprime just because the company recently did alot of subprime activity.

I had a mortgage with Countrywide. A totally normal 20% Conventional, no impound, no PMI, no nothing mortgage, yet I was included with Countrywide's later norm.

I kept the previous house and used it for a rental. The mortgage was thruough WAMU. Originally Home Savings, it was a totally normal loan.

Our also perfectly normal mortgage is from CW. We originated with someone else, and it was sold right around closing. An AmEx CSR told me that it was considered a potential problem, but that if I wanted to fax documentation that we got the loan from someone else, they would enter it in our files.

As if we can control who owns our mortgages these days...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called Chase again regarding the two old WAMU cards.  This time I was told that they have no way of knowing if my accounts where even older Providian accounts which where all subprime and taken over by WAMU.

I told her, I have a NEW car loan from chase opened this year with a 4.79% rate, and my 3 Chase issued Visa cards have large credit lines and one was opened 32 years ago and the most recent was opened 18 years ago.

I never even heard of Providian Bank.

Again the response was "nothing we can do".   I can see that I will end up closing some of my credit cards in the near future.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.