Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase has AA me again!!!!!

tag
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Re: Chase has AA me again!!!!!

@FinStar wrote:

How many accounts did you open in the past 12 months?  I can't recall your overall unsecured exposure with all your CCs but maybe >$400K (possibly more)?  How much new total credit did you obtain in the last year?  Considering you carry no balances as you stated and your scores are close to 800, is this the only reason they pointed for AA?

FinStar, yes I know what triggered the AA, to many new accounts, I have a very high unsecured exposure, I only have 18k in Personnel credit with chase and 35k in business credit with Chase, I went and just saw my banker and he thinks I should not have to go thur this, he is going to try to restore my accounts on Monday , if not than I will move over to another bank, Yes chase gets very very nervous when they see this, I run about 8K a month thur my ink plus card a month and I pay it directly from my business checking account, way before the statement cuts

Message 11 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA + Merrill Edge is a no brainer. Free everything and $500 bonus for $100,000 or $1000 bonus for $200,000.

Message 12 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, looks like there's more to this story. Smiley Mad

Message 13 of 68
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Is it just me, or has there been quite a few Chase account closures recently? I am sure in the scheme of things it is still a rare occurrence, but Barclay's use to be notorious for that, and now it is quiet on their front whereas Chase has had thread after thread.

We only have one Chase account (Amazon) and we bank and are super satisfied with PNC, so my experiences with Chase are limited.

Message 14 of 68
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

Is it just me, or has there been quite a few Chase account closures recently? I am sure in the scheme of things it is still a rare occurrence, but Barclay's use to be notorious for that, and now it is quiet on their front whereas Chase has had thread after thread.

We only have one Chase account (Amazon) and we bank and are super satisfied with PNC, so my experiences with Chase are limited.

No maam you are correct in your observation Smiley Sad . There are discussions swirling about Chase on this topic.

Message 15 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

i've had it with Chase Smiley Indifferent

Message 16 of 68
enharu
Super Contributor

@barbaralee, account closures with chase seems to be more "common" since dec 2013, according to FT. However, most people will not receive any kind of AA. One has to be pretty extreme to even get any kind of AA.

Chase closed my accounts and then reopened them twice this year....so I guess nothing crazy for me for the next 3-5 years then.

@sandman, how many accounts did you open?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 68
Open123
Super Contributor

In general, because of increased costs and risks of the current regulatory environment, many Banks are opting to purge customers fitting a certain risk profile, rather than incurring the costs of compliance.  This isn't to imply the OP's accounts were closed for this reason, but only to suggest that it is possible his actions, while completely above board, may have fit within some of Chase's risk metrics.

Message 18 of 68
ABC123TLC
Contributor

You should use Chase Private Banker Division

Message 19 of 68
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@tlclindac wrote:

You should use Chase Private Banker Division

Maybe...but if I was in OP's shoes I would explore other options.  There's nothing Chase can give him (personal or business) that he cannot get from BoA, Wells Fargo, US Bank, Citi, and countless of other banks large and small.  They are not the only game in town; OP has excellent credit and money to boot.  Why should he have to grovel to some banker or UW and deal with the constant inconvenience of account closures?  

Run, don't walk away from Chase.

Message 20 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.