Chase has AA me again!!!!!

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Chase has AA me again!!!!!

@Dw4250 wrote:

@tlclindac wrote:

You should use Chase Private Banker Division

Maybe...but if I was in OP's shoes I would explore other options.  There's nothing Chase can give him (personal or business) that he cannot get from BoA, Wells Fargo, US Bank, Citi, and countless of other banks large and small.  They are not the only game in town; OP has excellent credit and money to boot.  Why should he have to grovel to some banker or UW and deal with the constant inconvenience of account closures?  

Run, don't walk away from Chase.

+1

Right, because of Chase's prior trangressions, it's likely the Bank is under a higher level of scrutiny than others.  It only makes sense for Chase to avoid even the appearance of impropriety to avoid the hefty fines.

The OP would be better off with a Bank where's there's less scrutiny, and therefore less pressure for purge accounts based on overly senstive risk metrics.

Message 21 of 68
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:
@barbaralee, account closures with chase seems to be more "common" since dec 2013, according to FT. However, most people will not receive any kind of AA. One has to be pretty extreme to even get any kind of AA.

Chase closed my accounts and then reopened them twice this year....so I guess nothing crazy for me for the next 3-5 years then.

@Anonymous, how many accounts did you open?

@enharu , I've had 6 business credit cards, 3 Personnel credit card, my total credit with chase is only 53K, and I keep triple that in savings and checking with chase, when I told this to my banker today, he said to me: if I can get them to reopen your accounts will you still bank with us, as I told him I have plenty of other banks I can go to with my business , Yes chase has good reward cards, but I really don't need the headaches, As for the others who have responded to this post, there is nothing else to the story: if you have chase credit cards DON'T go on any types of app sprees or open lots of new accounts, this is the 4th time this has happened , I know they will reopen(they always do after asking me why I have opened new accounts and than Chase will ask me not to apply for anything else for 6 months) I think I'm just gonna cut my losses this time with them and bank somewhere else, I hope I can get my membership fees refunded as I paid last month for a bunch of renewals

rh

Message 22 of 68
JSS3
Valued Contributor

How many new accounts were opened?

Message 23 of 68
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

+1 still waiting on the answer to this key data point...

I opened 4 chase accounts and about 8 others this year, hopefully I wont get AA. Good luck OP

Message 24 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cal- wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

+1 still waiting on the answer to this key data point...

I opened 4 chase accounts and about 8 others this year, hopefully I wont get AA. Good luck OP

You'll find out when Diner's Club gets to your app 2 years from now.

Message 25 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no knowledge of business banking. I have had very good success with TD Bank for personal banking, and they seem to be very highly rated. I've also heard good things about Wells Fargo. Naturally, these choices depend on where you live.

Additionally, there is no reason why you would need to have your banking with the same organization that has your credit cards. See if Chase will reopen the cards, then move your savings and checking accounts elsewhere.

Good luck, OP!

Message 26 of 68
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Yeah this is really scaring me. I've opened up two Chase accounts since I got in with them this year. I'm still surprised Barclays hasn't done any AA against me. This is part of the reason why I close accounts that I don't need. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 27 of 68
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

@Anonymous new accounts , 10 were personal 5 were business , even closed a few out as well on my own, it's no biggie, their are plenty of banks and credit unions out there , I think this gives me a good reason to switch banks, I had wells for many years : did not like them  BMO Harris has opened many new branches as I may give them a try' I get a phone call at least once a week from them wanting my business ( BMO has giving me 2 Diners at 40K each, a business MasterCard @25k and a personal MasterCard @15k, and I don't have any money in their bank, I have lots of BOA credit cards, how is BOA to bank with?

Message 28 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sandman2435 wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

15 new accounts@ , 10 were personal 5 were business , even closed a few out as well on my own, it's no biggie, their are plenty of banks and credit unions out there , I think this gives me a good reason to switch banks, I had wells for many years : did not like them  BMO Harris has opened many new branches as I may give them a try' I get a phone call at least once a week from them wanting my business ( BMO has giving me 2 Diners at 40K each, a business MasterCard @25k and a personal MasterCard @15k, and I don't have any money in their bank, I have lots of BOA credit cards, how is BOA to bank with?

This is why I dont jump to conclusions when I see these types of threads here. 15 new accounts in one year? I understand your income and profile may support or validate opening that many new accounts in a short time but from a lenders perspective I definitely see how that could raise a red flag. Hopefully you can find a bank more suitable to your circumstances

Message 29 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would've permanently closed your accounts if I was chase, unless you submitted to a finacial review, but your debt to income ratio would have to be spectacularly low.

Message 30 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.