Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase has me jumping through an impossible hoop

tag
cam72
Established Member

Re: Chase has me jumping through an impossible hoop

Social Security cards are pretty easy to replace. Take about 10 days once you file the paper at the Satellite office. I believe they only let your replace it 10 times. I do not know what happens when its the 11th time. I had to replace mine recently because I am going to get a passport soon.

Starting Score: EQ -604 (4/09) TU 644 (3/10)
Current Score: EQ -698 (3/10) TU-644 (3/10)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@cam72 wrote:
Social Security cards are pretty easy to replace. Take about 10 days once you file the paper at the Satellite office. I believe they only let your replace it 10 times. I do not know what happens when its the 11th time. I had to replace mine recently because I am going to get a passport soon.

Submission of a SSN number is required for a passport application. A SS card is almost worthless. It is not proof of citizenship and is also nof standalone proof of ID. An original, certified birth certificate and a in-state DL will do. The SS card is only acceptable as an "additonal ID document" which is only required in special circumstances. Details here:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html

Message 12 of 19
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the advice everyone. I guess I'm going out to Brooklyn at the crack of dawn on Monday to see about a replacement. I think I'm mostly baffled that they wouldn't accept a tax doc in place of the SS card since it would have SS#, address, AND income. Weirdos.

Don't go Monday...you'll be in an empty lot!  It's Columbus day!

I can't believe I still have my original SS Card...from when I was 13!  (now 51! )  I also have my original birth cert.  Complete with, in my brother's handwriting, the phone # for "Rocky's Cycle Shop" in Flint MI on the back!  Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I have my original card, too, Mo! I was younger than you were when it was issued (maybe 10 or so) and am older than you now. My card is ancient! (It is nearing 50 years old I think.)
Message 14 of 19
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
I have my original card, too, Mo! I was younger than you were when it was issued (maybe 10 or so) and am older than you now. My card is ancient! (It is nearing 50 years old I think.)

I have to laugh at my sig....typical teenaged girl sig!  hahahaha  Lots of swoopy curly q's & such.....

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 19
cam72
Established Member

Actually, I needed the Social Security Card to get a cerified copy of my Birth certificate.

Starting Score: EQ -604 (4/09) TU 644 (3/10)
Current Score: EQ -698 (3/10) TU-644 (3/10)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You can order an official birth certificate online at:

http://www.vitalchek.com/

I have used them and they are very good!

Message 17 of 19
MattH
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

You can order an official birth certificate online at:

http://www.vitalchek.com/

I have used them and they are very good!

Yes, my wife and I have both ordered birth certificates from Vital Check; we learned about it because the official web site for one of the two States in question named Vital Check as their recommended place to get official copies of their records.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 18 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the advice everyone. I guess I'm going out to Brooklyn at the crack of dawn on Monday to see about a replacement. I think I'm mostly baffled that they wouldn't accept a tax doc in place of the SS card since it would have SS#, address, AND income. Weirdos.

Don't go Monday...you'll be in an empty lot!  It's Columbus day!

I can't believe I still have my original SS Card...from when I was 13!  (now 51! )  I also have my original birth cert.  Complete with, in my brother's handwriting, the phone # for "Rocky's Cycle Shop" in Flint MI on the back!  Smiley Very Happy

Right! Don't go Monday.  We have the day off.  Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.