Established Member
cam72

Re: Chase has me jumping through an impossible hoop

Social Security cards are pretty easy to replace. Take about 10 days once you file the paper at the Satellite office. I believe they only let your replace it 10 times. I do not know what happens when its the 11th time. I had to replace mine recently because I am going to get a passport soon.

Starting Score: EQ -604 (4/09) TU 644 (3/10)
Current Score: EQ -698 (3/10) TU-644 (3/10)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

cam72 wrote:
Social Security cards are pretty easy to replace. Take about 10 days once you file the paper at the Satellite office. I believe they only let your replace it 10 times. I do not know what happens when its the 11th time. I had to replace mine recently because I am going to get a passport soon.

Submission of a SSN number is required for a passport application. A SS card is almost worthless. It is not proof of citizenship and is also nof standalone proof of ID. An original, certified birth certificate and a in-state DL will do. The SS card is only acceptable as an "additonal ID document" which is only required in special circumstances. Details here:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html

Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

lydiadietz wrote:
Thanks for the advice everyone. I guess I'm going out to Brooklyn at the crack of dawn on Monday to see about a replacement. I think I'm mostly baffled that they wouldn't accept a tax doc in place of the SS card since it would have SS#, address, AND income. Weirdos.

Don't go Monday...you'll be in an empty lot!  It's Columbus day!

I can't believe I still have my original SS Card...from when I was 13!  (now 51! )  I also have my original birth cert.  Complete with, in my brother's handwriting, the phone # for "Rocky's Cycle Shop" in Flint MI on the back!  :smileyvery-happy:

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

I have my original card, too, Mo! I was younger than you were when it was issued (maybe 10 or so) and am older than you now. My card is ancient! (It is nearing 50 years old I think.)
Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
I have my original card, too, Mo! I was younger than you were when it was issued (maybe 10 or so) and am older than you now. My card is ancient! (It is nearing 50 years old I think.)

I have to laugh at my sig....typical teenaged girl sig!  hahahaha  Lots of swoopy curly q's & such.....

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Established Member
cam72

Actually, I needed the Social Security Card to get a cerified copy of my Birth certificate.

Starting Score: EQ -604 (4/09) TU 644 (3/10)
Current Score: EQ -698 (3/10) TU-644 (3/10)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

You can order an official birth certificate online at:

http://www.vitalchek.com/

I have used them and they are very good!

Senior Contributor
MattH

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

You can order an official birth certificate online at:

http://www.vitalchek.com/

I have used them and they are very good!

Yes, my wife and I have both ordered birth certificates from Vital Check; we learned about it because the official web site for one of the two States in question named Vital Check as their recommended place to get official copies of their records.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Super Contributor
DI

BungalowMo wrote:

lydiadietz wrote:
Thanks for the advice everyone. I guess I'm going out to Brooklyn at the crack of dawn on Monday to see about a replacement. I think I'm mostly baffled that they wouldn't accept a tax doc in place of the SS card since it would have SS#, address, AND income. Weirdos.

Don't go Monday...you'll be in an empty lot!  It's Columbus day!

I can't believe I still have my original SS Card...from when I was 13!  (now 51! )  I also have my original birth cert.  Complete with, in my brother's handwriting, the phone # for "Rocky's Cycle Shop" in Flint MI on the back!  :smileyvery-happy:

Right! Don't go Monday.  We have the day off.  :smileywink:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}