Regular Contributor
goingforadream

Chase home improvement card

My options:

1. Keep my wamu card as is

2. Convert it to a chase home improvement card that earns 3 points per eligible dollar spent on home improvement and 1 point for everything else. Thing here is my Lowes card only gets used when they have their 0% offer going which is much more practicle than any other card offer (I think). Conversion can be done without a hard pull.

I really want the Freedom card but Chase says they won't convert wamu to that. I can apply though and it will be a hard pull. I have a fear of rejection...........

Anyone have the home improvement card? Anyone got an opinion on if I should do the convert or not?
FICO score tracker

3/19/08: TU-649, EQ-676, EX-656
5/7/08: TU-653, EQ-651, EX-706
1/7/09: TU-659, EQ-667, EX-681 (but now I have my house!)
3/25/09: TU-675, EQ-668
New goal: new car
8/5/09: New car goal met. Developing new goals....

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+