Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase how much to ask for?

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Chase how much to ask for?

So if by March if i have not recieved any auto-cli(s) i will manually ask for one. However is the only way of asking for one through SM or talking to a live person? Is there a automated phone system or able to ask online? If i do any of the following how fast will i find out if approved? Last question how much do i ask for? If i ask for too much will they usually counter or the system counters?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase how much to ask for?

Isn't March 8 months off? Regardless, phone or secure message are the only way to do it. With Chase it's going to be a hard pull. If you're approved, you should know pretty quickly if not instantly. They should counter. On mobile so idk what your limit is.. Be high, but be reasonable..
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 2 of 6
compassion101
Established Contributor

Ask for whatever you feel you will need. They will normally counter if it's too much. I'd call to ask, but maybe others can think of an advantage for doing it some other way

Message 3 of 6
H14
Contributor

If you're under a 5000 limit currently, you may want to pass that mark and see if they'll upgrade you to Visa Signature. 

Message 4 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

Last question how much do i ask for?

Impossible to say.  All depends on your credit, income and their criteria.

Message 5 of 6
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

The way I did it, was 6 months after getting the Freedom, I applied for the Sapphire Preferred. I will transfer the limit and cancel the card before the year is up, but I will cash out the 50,000 points for $400 in gift cards (after spending $3000 in first 3 months), they almost doubled my Freedom ($6000) limit by giving me a $11,900 limit on the CSP. And I get to see what the big deal is about metal cards (not so big a deal after all).

But, thats just me.

PS: I don't travel, thats why I'm using the points for cash.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.