Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase incompetence

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Chase incompetence

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

I requested my Freedom CL, a WHOPPING $500 be transferred to my Slate and then close it a few days ago and their off-shore CSR, Hatroon, replied it couldn't be done for less than $500, nor prescheduled before they received the payment creating a zero balance.

OK, waited a couple days, payment posted with $500 available. Again requested transfer to Slate, etc.

Receive a reply from offshore CSR, Majdoo, we cannot transfer $500 but, I have closed the account as you requested.

{mod cut} I'm quite certain Chase could give a rats patoot as long at they make money

Sorry you had a bad experience, but insulting people because of their nationality is not acceptable and against the TOS. -NG-

Their usually policy is that you have to keep $500 behind on the card when transferring limits. I get that $500 was your entire limit, but I imagine the policy still applied. (Some people have said they were able to get around the $500 policy but it's not the norm).

While I know it sucks, $500 in the grand scheme is not a big deal.

Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's interesting, because I've never had a bad experience with Chase.  In fact, I feel like the service I get with them (both CSP and Freedom) has been superior to my amex/citi experiences.

I agree with you on their customer service.   I was able to transfer my CL off a Ritz card in January to a Freedom and AARP.   I only had to leave $500 on the Ritz card because I did not have it long enough.   No biggie to me to close that card with $500 on it.    On top of this they even refunded my annual fee I paid as well.  

Turn around 3 months later,  I was approved for the Ritz card again for over 3x the CL of the original Ritz.    

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I requested my Freedom CL, a WHOPPING $500 be transferred to my Slate and then close it a few days ago and their off-shore CSR, Hatroon, replied it couldn't be done for less than $500, nor prescheduled before they received the payment creating a zero balance.

OK, waited a couple days, payment posted with $500 available. Again requested transfer to Slate, etc.

Receive a reply from offshore CSR, Majdoo, we cannot transfer $500 but, I have closed the account as you requested.

{mod cut} I'm quite certain Chase could give a rats patoot as long at they make money

Sorry you had a bad experience, but insulting people because of their nationality is not acceptable and against the TOS. -NG-

Their usually policy is that you have to keep $500 behind on the card when transferring limits. I get that $500 was your entire limit, but I imagine the policy still applied. (Some people have said they were able to get around the $500 policy but it's not the norm).

As long as the card is not used in 30 days, a customer is able to move all limit from one card to another.  The card has to be paid in full and must not be used for a MONTH then one can proceed.

That is how their systems are set up.

Message 23 of 32
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Sounds like user error. The first guy told you that $500 can't be transferred. And yet you still requested the transaction a second time.....your bad.

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

As long as the card is not used in 30 days, a customer is able to move all limit from one card to another.  The card has to be paid in full and must not be used for a MONTH then one can proceed.

That is how their systems are set up.

I was able to move all my limit from Freedom to CSP and close out. Freedom was used 5 days prior and paid off the day before I called. YMMV. I think I was lucky though Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 32
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

Sounds like user error. The first guy told you that $500 can't be transferred. And yet you still requested the transaction a second time.....your bad.

Uh no. Any amount under $500, I had a $25 balance that I then paid, couple days later after the payment cleared and my available credit was $500 I requested the transfer and closure.
No mention about "no activity" in the past 30 days. It's NBD since I loathe Chase. I would likely have closed it anyway, they aren't worth the time and trouble. I'll probably close the Slate account, too.
I'll refrain, for now, offering my opinion of this forums' oversight

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 26 of 32
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Chief_Wahoo: Interesting....I asked about doing the yesterday with my CSP and Freedom cards to open the Marriott card yesterday and was told NO.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase is typically awesome on the customer service side, but I have encountered a couple of bad apples.  Sounds like you found the same ones. 

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Anonymous: Interesting....I asked about doing the yesterday with my CSP and Freedom cards to open the Marriott card yesterday and was told NO.

What matters is WHO you get on the other line.

I'd call again and again until they comply. In the end. You are the consumer and you are right*

*As long as you pay your bills.

Message 29 of 32
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

UPDATE

I received a PM today from a senior CSR, the $500 CL was tranferred to my Slate.

It isn't clear if this goes beyond their normal protocols but, at least they did the right thing based on the information I was provided.

It is a pleasant surprise

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.