Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase is at it again!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase is at it again!

No surprise here but Chase is sending out the ridiculous account repricing notices in the mail again.  I thought I managed to go unnoticed but 12.24% to 22.24% here.   All my friends here in TX have received them in the last week.    Most of us PIF all the time and history over 5-9 yrs with CL's 2K to 45k.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase is at it again!

I got the Chase offer in the mail last week and put it where it will do me the most good, in  the trash.
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:
I got the Chase offer in the mail last week and put it where it will do me the most good, in  the trash.

I'll have too second that...I don't own any Chase products but from what others have stated about JPMorgan Chase products I would have to take a pass as I see more negative talk about them then positive. A few years ago they seemed decent now with the economic meltdown they seem to have gone crazy with rate-jacking to 29.99% etc and boosting the minimum payments due $20.00 to $55.00+ that are due just to name few that I have heard about. Not saying they are not within their bounds but increases such as these on individuals that carry a balance and on some type of fixed income can be a death sentence.

Just a few of my thoughts.... 

Message Edited by JoJo74 on 11-23-2009 01:16 PM
Message 3 of 22
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

That's weird.  My chase card is nearly maxed out, and I haven't received an APR increase.  As soon as they do, I'm transferring the balance, but as af now, it appears they've overlooked me.  My other 6 cards have 0 balance

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thrasher865 wrote:
That's weird.  My chase card is nearly maxed out, and I haven't received an APR increase.  As soon as they do, I'm transferring the balance, but as af now, it appears they've overlooked me.  My other 6 cards have 0 balance

Maybe that's why they haven't rate jacked you, they can see you have 6 open cards and nothing stopping you from transferring your balance off of theirs. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 22
krielly
Established Contributor

Who knows HOW they think. I got the rate jack letter about 2 weeks ago. Fortunately, I only had a $335 bal, so I just PIF my last payment.

I figured it was because I was one of those lowly former WAMU customers who got switched to Chase.

Got a 1000 CL when I opened this card with WAMU, after 12 mos of on-time and mostly PIF payments, no CLIs or LUV Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 6 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

They've still left me at 19.24% for now. They can RJ me all they like, but if they don't finally get around to establishing me in their rotating categories for their "Ultimate Rewards" program, I doubt that I'll still have this card in 2010.

It was a Borders Visa, and the rewards that they had back then are looking mighty good next to the 1% junk that I have on my now-Freedom Visa. What a joke.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have CHASE but I don't use it anymore...unless I'm on AMAZON buying a 0.99 song. Let's see what the minimum payment on that would be. LOL!
Message 8 of 22
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Paying mine off in Jan...they can s*** a rock.  Are they kidding????
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, chase is on ice only for the history and CL.  Otherwise, it would have been cut like BofA.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.