Reply
Established Member
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎03-24-2009
0

Re: Chase is at it again!

I got mine in the mail, last week. Going from 7.99 to 12.24, effective  Dec 1st. I had a $800 balance, card limit is &14,150 . I PIF, immediately. I will never use Chase again.Cap 1 RJ me 8.99 FIXED to 17.99, haven't use' it since Feb. That's how am rewarded for never missing a paymemt or being late?  I have excellent FICO, not putting up with BS.

 

TU 785, EQ 791 (800's, here I come)

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Chase is at it again!

The best part of being RJ'ed by WaMu as a parting gift to 31.99% is not having to worry about what Chase might or might not do to me.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,754
Registered: ‎11-03-2007
0

Re: Chase is at it again!

You do not generate enough profit, so u'r far away of being best customer.

 

If you PIF, your APR is 0%, regardless what bank thinks your APR is.

IN VINO VERITAS.
New Contributor
Posts: 70
Registered: ‎10-07-2008
0

Re: Chase is at it again!

I'm still holding out some hope though Chase is the last card I'd use at this point.  I tried something others tried in the past and made a product change the second I got the RJ letter.  My statement just cut and it rolled back down to 12.24% from 23.24% under the new Chase product.   I wonder how long that will last?!?!?
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Chase is at it again!

Ask txjohn. His product change lasted right up until the day they closed his card!  :smileysad:
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Chase is at it again!

I have a total of 11 cards and none of the banks has thrown me for a loop.  Maybe my AA is coming after the teaser rates expires. 
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,708
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: Chase is at it again!


wmarat wrote:

You do not generate enough profit, so u'r far away of being best customer.

 

If you PIF, your APR is 0%, regardless what bank thinks your APR is.


That's a great way of looking at it, wmarat!  And you made me feel better, too...just got still another RJ from Chase today, from a 10.24 (which itself had been a jack) to 22.24%.  Reason?  "To maintain profitability on your account".  They had previously sliced $20K off the CL on that account, too.

 

I guess they've got a point, I do PIF that card, and only paid about $1 or so in interest one time after a promotional balance transfer expired. 

 

I really like how you phrased that...and I'll try to remember it...even though I still feel like I've been dissed by Chase. 

 

 

 

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Chase is at it again!

Sometimes I'm glad my card is already at 31.99% (0 balance, always PIF). One thing I don't have to worry about is an RJ!  :smileywink:

 

I have nowhere to go but down...

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,708
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: Chase is at it again!


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Sometimes I'm glad my card is already at 31.99% (0 balance, always PIF). One thing I don't have to worry about is an RJ!  :smileywink:

 

I have nowhere to go but down...


CWCID, you given me a great idea!

 

I believe I'll call tomorrow and ask them for an APR increase (to about 50% or so).  And if they refuse, I'll beg and plead with them, maybe even threaten to close this account.  (I don't really care if they do close it).

 

Just for grins and giggles.  It'd probably throw the CSR for a loop.   And I wonder...do you think they'd oblige me?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Chase is at it again!


Uborrow-Upay wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Sometimes I'm glad my card is already at 31.99% (0 balance, always PIF). One thing I don't have to worry about is an RJ!  :smileywink:

 

I have nowhere to go but down...


CWCID, you given me a great idea!

 

I believe I'll call tomorrow and ask them for an APR increase (to about 50% or so).  And if they refuse, I'll beg and plead with them, maybe even threaten to close this account.  (I don't really care if they do close it).

 

Just for grins and giggles.  It'd probably throw the CSR for a loop.   And I wonder...do you think they'd oblige me?


Probably not unless it fits into Chase's "bigger picture", whatever that is...

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.