Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase is at it again!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase is at it again!

I got mine in the mail, last week. Going from 7.99 to 12.24, effective  Dec 1st. I had a $800 balance, card limit is &14,150 . I PIF, immediately. I will never use Chase again.Cap 1 RJ me 8.99 FIXED to 17.99, haven't use' it since Feb. That's how am rewarded for never missing a paymemt or being late?  I have excellent FICO, not putting up with BS.

TU 785, EQ 791 (800's, here I come)

Message 11 of 22
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The best part of being RJ'ed by WaMu as a parting gift to 31.99% is not having to worry about what Chase might or might not do to me.
Message 12 of 22
wmarat
Valued Contributor

You do not generate enough profit, so u'r far away of being best customer.

If you PIF, your APR is 0%, regardless what bank thinks your APR is.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still holding out some hope though Chase is the last card I'd use at this point.  I tried something others tried in the past and made a product change the second I got the RJ letter.  My statement just cut and it rolled back down to 12.24% from 23.24% under the new Chase product.   I wonder how long that will last?!?!?
Message 14 of 22
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Ask txjohn. His product change lasted right up until the day they closed his card!  Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 22
DI
Super Contributor

I have a total of 11 cards and none of the banks has thrown me for a loop.  Maybe my AA is coming after the teaser rates expires. 
Message 16 of 22
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

You do not generate enough profit, so u'r far away of being best customer.

If you PIF, your APR is 0%, regardless what bank thinks your APR is.

That's a great way of looking at it, wmarat!  And you made me feel better, too...just got still another RJ from Chase today, from a 10.24 (which itself had been a jack) to 22.24%.  Reason?  "To maintain profitability on your account".  They had previously sliced $20K off the CL on that account, too.

I guess they've got a point, I do PIF that card, and only paid about $1 or so in interest one time after a promotional balance transfer expired. 

I really like how you phrased that...and I'll try to remember it...even though I still feel like I've been dissed by Chase. 

Message 17 of 22
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Sometimes I'm glad my card is already at 31.99% (0 balance, always PIF). One thing I don't have to worry about is an RJ!  Smiley Wink

I have nowhere to go but down...

Message 18 of 22
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Sometimes I'm glad my card is already at 31.99% (0 balance, always PIF). One thing I don't have to worry about is an RJ!  Smiley Wink

CWCID, you given me a great idea!

I believe I'll call tomorrow and ask them for an APR increase (to about 50% or so).  And if they refuse, I'll beg and plead with them, maybe even threaten to close this account.  (I don't really care if they do close it).

Just for grins and giggles.  It'd probably throw the CSR for a loop.   And I wonder...do you think they'd oblige me?

Message 19 of 22
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

CWCID, you given me a great idea!

I believe I'll call tomorrow and ask them for an APR increase (to about 50% or so).  And if they refuse, I'll beg and plead with them, maybe even threaten to close this account.  (I don't really care if they do close it).

Just for grins and giggles.  It'd probably throw the CSR for a loop.   And I wonder...do you think they'd oblige me?

Probably not unless it fits into Chase's "bigger picture", whatever that is...

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.