Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase is awesome...so far

tag
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Chase is awesome...so far

I must stay, I'm liking Chase so far.  The customer service has been superb.  I was able to move credit from my Freedom to my Sapphire without the nonsense of a HP like BofA requires.  I love the online banking.  Chase and Amex probably have the best website out of all the companies I have used.  I'm very pleased so far.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase is awesome...so far

Glad you are having a great experience. I also like Chase, they have been good to me as well. I just wish a customer initiated CLI wasn't 99% HP.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 12
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

They've been good to me too. They are my favorite prime bank hands down. Chase is strict, but I find that they are willing to negotiate and let you make your case. If you have an existing reltionship with them such as a checking or savings account they look favorably upon that and may be more open to accomodating you than otherwise.

Message 3 of 12
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Yep, they have been great to me as well! I got my first 5k limit with them and now have 3 cards of theirs. They were also the first to auto CLI my CSP to 9.5k! So yeah, I'm happy with them Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 12
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

Congrats!

Yep, they have been great to me as well! I got my first 5k limit with them and now have 3 cards of theirs. They were also the first to auto CLI my CSP to 9.5k! So yeah, I'm happy with them Smiley Very Happy

What was your original limit on your CSP? and how long did you have to wait for the auto CLI?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 5 of 12
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

I got my CSP last April with a 5k initial CL and in September they auto CLI me to 9.5k. I had gotten their United back in October 2011 5k, CSP April 2012 5k and JPM Select October 2012 5k.

I have always PIF and I do have checking and savings with direct deposit with them, not sure if that helped or not.

Message 6 of 12
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

I got my CSP last April with a 5k initial CL and in September they auto CLI me to 9.5k. I had gotten their United back in October 2011 5k, CSP April 2012 5k and JPM Select October 2012 5k.

I have always PIF and I do have checking and savings with direct deposit with them, not sure if that helped or not.

I think having a banking relationship with them is a big plus. I also have a checking and savings account with them and they auto-CLI my Freedom card from $2200 to $5000 last week. I also PIF and I used the card heavily last year to earn the signup bonus.

Message 7 of 12
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

I think having a banking relationship with them is a big plus. I also have a checking and savings account with them and they auto-CLI my Freedom card from $2200 to $5000 last week. I also PIF and I used the card heavily last year to earn the signup bonus.

I think they only have two branches in my state.  I wonder if I can open an account online. 

Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Message 8 of 12
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

You should be able to. Search online, they have some signup bonuses sometimes when opening a new checking account, as much as $200!

Message 9 of 12
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

You should be able to. Search online, they have some signup bonuses sometimes when opening a new checking account, as much as $200!

I'm in there like swimwear.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.