Did you mean: 

Chase is awesome

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Chase is awesome

@longtimelurker wrote:

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

Yeah I was surprised because I didn't even know Chase had purchase protection until they sent me an updated benefits letter. Saved me a 180 bucks.  

How was the $180 calculated?  Is it a percentage of the purchase, the cost of repair, after a deductible?

usually just cost of repairs / replacement, whichever is cheaper, up to amount charged on the card.

no deductible.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 13
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

Yeah I was surprised because I didn't even know Chase had purchase protection until they sent me an updated benefits letter. Saved me a 180 bucks.  

How was the $180 calculated?  Is it a percentage of the purchase, the cost of repair, after a deductible?

It was the repair cost. There was no deductible.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 12 of 13
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I keep hearing good things about Chase. I remember reading a thread in this forum about one person who filed BK because of his/her medical bills, Chase was the only bank willing to work out a payment plan with him/her. Chase must be doing sth right.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.