Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase is really onto something....

tag
electra
Established Contributor

Chase is really onto something....

Got both my CSP and AMEX BCP in the mail within days of each other.  Was super excited to get both but especially excited about the AMEX.  To my surprise...the AMEX really looks cheap and low end compared to the CSP.  Kinda disappointed.

OK, maybe the whole metal card thing is a gimmick but the CSP just looks and feels more substantial and definitely has more of a BLING feel.  Maybe it's just something in our genes but ....SHINY!!!   Heart the CSP!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Chase is really onto something....

grats on both approvals!

If you have access to your soft pulls, look at your EX report. You'll see that Chase is REALLY up to something with all those SPs following an approval lol

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congarts to you

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 11
electra
Established Contributor

They can SP me til the cows come home just as long as they give me a big CLI soon!!  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 11
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!
Message 6 of 11
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Chip & Pin rocks.  I don't know of any Amex that has that feature. Main reason why I want a Chase card right there. Screw what it looks like as long as it's got the best security feature.

Message 7 of 11
urban_girlie

FYI -

You can get an AMEX Plat with chip & pin if you call up and request it like I did.  Its great for traveling in other countries where they look at Americans funny lol.

Personal Cards: American Express Blue Cash Preferred $7K~American Express Platinum NPSL~Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa $2.7K~ Bank of America Privileges Visa $5K~Chase Sapphire Preferred $8K~Discover It $6.5K~Wells Fargo Cash Rewards Visa (AU) $2.5K
total available credit $31.7K+
Business Cards: American Express Open $6K~Bank of America Business M/C $2.5K
total available business credit $8.5K
Message 8 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

Chip & Pin rocks.  I don't know of any Amex that has that feature. Main reason why I want a Chase card right there. Screw what it looks like as long as it's got the best security feature.

Which Chase card are you thinking of with Chip&Pin?   CSP doesn't (currently) have any chip, and Chase is mainly Chip&Sig on its chipped cards.

Message 9 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@urban_girlie wrote:

FYI -

You can get an AMEX Plat with chip & pin if you call up and request it like I did.  Its great for traveling in other countries where they look at Americans funny lol.

And isn't this chip&sig rather than chip&pin?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.