Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase is so stingy !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase is so stingy !

@PRILEY wrote:

How heavy can you use a 5k card ( That has no perks) Miles, Points Etc. I have high limit cards that give me something back. I bought wifes Caddy on Amex Gold. Lots of points. Spend 30k plus on credit cards and pay them off with points. I get nothing with the slate card. I may as well use a debit card. All I'm saying is why is the limit so low. They see the limits I have on other cards. They also know my credit score (840) They sent it to me. Its buisness, you have to be competitive if you want the buisness.

Exactly... U answered ur own question... Why does chase need to give out such a high limit when that card have no perks for spend only perks for BT

Message 31 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont understand why OP is so heck bent on getting a big increase on a card that provides no rewards.  If you initially got it for a BT, you did that (well amost). Its served its purpose. Your scores have absolutely nothing else to do but go down.

Take a look at your overall spend across all cards. Think about how much you travel, and what cash back cards are best for your level of spend (see themanwhocan's cash back charts).

I dont know how often chase even sends checks for bt offers when the promo period is up?  But im sure they charge BT fees.

How many cards have you added in the last 24 months?  I would get 2 chase cards if I were you, move all but 500 from the slate to the new ones, and shut down the slate.

Message 32 of 44
PRILEY
Regular Contributor

I made a statement that Chase  is stingy. Period. In my opinion they are. That is all I was saying, to those of you who have had good experences with Chase , then good for you. I myself will not be apping for a personal or buisness card with them.

Message 33 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PRILEY wrote:

I made a statement that Chase  is stingy. Period. In my opinion they are. That is all I was saying, to those of you who have had good experences with Chase , then good for you. I myself will not be apping for a personal or buisness card with them.

I am totally on your side.  I was denied for the chase freedom twice, finally last summer double apped for the hyatt and IHG.  Recon'd 5 times finally got the IHG at 5k.  This march I app'd for aarp and mariott, and mariott didnt even process so I missed out on that.  Denied for ink+ in may.

Their whole 5/24 thing is gloomy, but you arent the first or the last to have CL issues with a slate, or any chase card for that matter.

Message 34 of 44
MTSN
Regular Contributor

I used my Chase SW card fairly heavily with a limit of around $10k I think, then I requested a CLI and they bumped me up to $28.2k. I spent and PIF about $60k on that card in the last year however, so that's probably why they don't have any issue with it. I've also used them for a mortgage, car loan and other cards, so they "know" me and find me to be a low risk. I would just use the Slate for a BT then PC it over to something more useful when the 0% ends which is what I did with my Slate over to Freedom IIRC. 

Message 35 of 44
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@PRILEY wrote:

Everyone makes their own decisions, and as a professor in economics recently stated everyone makes the decision that's in their best self-interest.

That said, especially regarding the business card, you may want to rethink that eventually; stinginess on a card you're not using is actually something of a good thing for your future credit as the decisioning process at many if not all lenders does somewhat take into account when it comes to future credit extensions.  Focus on CLI's where they help, ignore them on cards where it doesn't, and if you don't need  BT in the future, then the Slate is a tradeline farm and nothing else.

        
Message 36 of 44
HighScoreSeeker
Established Member

@HighScoreSeeker wrote:

I agree. My Chase Visa was one of my first credit cards. It wasn't initially with Chase but was transferred through the banks bailout/buyouts. It's since been changed to Chase Slate. I still have my original $500 credit limit. I don't really use it aside from buying starbucks maybe once or twice a year to keep it active. Until recently (after finding these forums) I hadn't thought about requesting a CLI. All my other cards (with the exception of Barclay) have auto CLI. I thought about closing it since the limit is so low but its my oldest credit card now. I'm in the garden club so I'm not taking a hard pull to request they increase the limit.

So I decided to see if they would pc the card before closing it out. To my surprise, I had several options to pc to: Sapphire Preferred, Freedom Unlimited, Freedom. I chose the Freedom card so I could use it at Costco and so that I could apply for the other cards in the future and get the bonus offers. When I asked about a CLI, she said they would have to do a HP so I declined. I'll utilize the card and see if they will auto-CLI it over the next 6 months or so.

Goal: 5/1/21 Acheived! 800+ Across the Board | Current Scores 5/17/21 - EQ: 803 TU: 822 EX: 807
Message 37 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HighScoreSeeker wrote:

@HighScoreSeeker wrote:

I agree. My Chase Visa was one of my first credit cards. It wasn't initially with Chase but was transferred through the banks bailout/buyouts. It's since been changed to Chase Slate. I still have my original $500 credit limit. I don't really use it aside from buying starbucks maybe once or twice a year to keep it active. Until recently (after finding these forums) I hadn't thought about requesting a CLI. All my other cards (with the exception of Barclay) have auto CLI. I thought about closing it since the limit is so low but its my oldest credit card now. I'm in the garden club so I'm not taking a hard pull to request they increase the limit.

So I decided to see if they would pc the card before closing it out. To my surprise, I had several options to pc to: Sapphire Preferred, Freedom Unlimited, Freedom. I chose the Freedom card so I could use it at Costco and so that I could apply for the other cards in the future and get the bonus offers. When I asked about a CLI, she said they would have to do a HP so I declined. I'll utilize the card and see if they will auto-CLI it over the next 6 months or so.

That's terrific!

Message 38 of 44
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Chase is out for Chase, I just torched a 45 year old Chase Slate card belonging to a family member after discovering they have been ripping her off with a nearly 100/yr annual fee for Prime+3% then refusing to remove the annual fee under any circumstance and told her and myself app for another card if you dont want an AF, told em to stuff it after xfer the limit to her Freedom. She doesnt need it anyway. 

Message 39 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Chase is out for Chase, I just torched a 45 year old Chase Slate card belonging to a family member after discovering they have been ripping her off with a nearly 100/yr annual fee for Prime+3% then refusing to remove the annual fee under any circumstance and told her and myself app for another card if you dont want an AF, told em to stuff it after xfer the limit to her Freedom. She doesnt need it anyway. 

$100 annual fee on a Slate?  That's a pure ripoff seeing as the card offers no rewards or benefits. Even with a rate of 6.50%. 

Chase seems to not care to do any favors for their card members, I would know. Not one favor in 5 years almost. 

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.