Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase is under cyber attack

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Chase is under cyber attack

Chase is experiencing a DOS attack, so if you can't access your credit card accounts/checking accounts.  That's why.  Hackers are at it again!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

Re: Chase is under cyber attack

When I go to their website I am getting this message:

"Our website is temporarily down, but our branches and Mobile Apps are available.
Please try again later."

Message 2 of 27
LesWH
Established Contributor

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

When I go to their website I am getting this message:

"Our website is temporarily down, but our branches and Mobile Apps are available.
Please try again later."

Yes.  The hackers have unleashed a Denial Of Service (DOS) on the main site.  CNBC has been reporting on it.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 3 of 27
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

Why have the hackers done this?
***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 4 of 27
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Creditseeker93 wrote:
Why have the hackers done this?

Who knows!! They target banks all the time.  I don't think with the Denial Of Service attacks that they can do anything to the accounts, but it doesn't let people access their accounts from the main site.

Message 5 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 27
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Ahh that explains it.  I've been searching on here for something about this. I knew I would eventually find a thread about it.  Thanks y'all.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 7 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Is this from those "Anonymous" guys?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 27
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

Chase is experiencing a DOS attack, so if you can't access your credit card accounts/checking accounts.  That's why.  Hackers are at it again!

Yayyy -__- well, at least I was able to check it on my phone and tablet, and as long as my information isn't compromised, then I shall wait Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 27
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Is this from those "Anonymous" guys?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100547632

Also, they're being attacked by the "al-Qassam cyber fighters". More info on them in the article. Essentially, they're attacking major US banks websites....edited.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.