Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase issue Best Buy Credit Card ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase issue Best Buy Credit Card ?

They would buy them and turn them into BestBuy cards and expand their market share. Im sure best buy would love it. 
Message 11 of 25
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Circuit City doesn't have any market value now.
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

But walmart and target and other department stores are eating into Best Buys market share in electronics. Giving people who used to shop at CC a BB credit card is the best way to keep them from wandering!
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recieved this letter in the mail in the US and just put a call into chase to discuss the letter. First of all I hold a Circuit City store branded card(not visa) aswell as a HSBC Best Buy store branded card. Supposedly what Chase is doing is just turning your Circuit City stored branded card into a Best Buy store branded card without a rewards program.

I tried to explain to the CSR that I already have a Best Buy card and what sense would it make for me to hold 2 of them. I asked if she could upgrade my Circuit City store brand card into a Chase Visa and was denied. Asked to speak to managment up the ladder and was also denied. 

Has anyone on this forum had their store branded Circuit City card(not visa) upgraded to a chase visa account?

Message 14 of 25
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

They can't gain customers by tossing them a Best Buy card. Best Buy has to offer competitve pricing with its competition and/or more perks to win more customers. It's not going to come from credit cards,that's for sure.
Message 15 of 25
rj2311
Valued Member

I was a CC store card holder (since 05/08) and last week they sent me a flyer (see below for some of the wording). Did anybody else receive this?  The flyer can be redeemed for a BB gift card based on the amount of purchase.

WITH OUR COMPLIMENTS

Special offer from Best Buy

Exclusively for Chase cardmembers

Dear Customer:

As a valued Chase cardholder, and in light of Circuit City's announcement to go out of business, Chase has teamed up with Best Buy to bring you an exclusive offer to help meet your consumer electronics needs.

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It sounds like HSBC bought some of the Circuit City cards from Chase. 

Yeah i think that's whats gonna happen.

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this link from a newpaper article (http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/business/banking/bankruptcies/article/CIRCGAT01_20090401-090005/246...)

Circuit City customers wooed by Best Buy

Published: April 1, 2009

Best Buy Co., the biggest consumer-electronics retailer, offered its private-label credit card to former customers of Henrico County, Va.-based Circuit City Inc. Circuit City credit-card holders will automatically receive Best Buy cards through Chase Bank USA, Bloomberg News reported this morning.

Notification of the change was sent to cardholders March 26, Sue Busch, a Best Buy spokeswoman, told Bloomberg. Chase also handled Circuit City's credit-card transactions.

Circuit City was the second-largest U.S. electronics retailer before it began liquidation sales at its 567 U.S. stores this year. Those sales ended last month and the chain closed its U.S. stores.

Jim Muehlbauer, Best Buy's CFO, said last month that a dramatic opportunity to boost his company's sales from Circuit City's exit will help revenue this year.

-- Bloomberg News

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone on this forum had their store branded Circuit City card(not visa) upgraded to a chase visa account?

Yup, DH had a Circuit City store card which he got an email from Chase about last week saying that he was, from May 1st, going to be issued a replacement card which would be a Chase Visa card with the same limit and that is available to use at any ad all stores.  In addition we asked if I could be added as an AU to that new account and was told within 24 hours that this would be fine and that my card would arrive on approx May 1st (and that yes, they do report AUs to all the Credit Reporting agencies)

Message 19 of 25
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup, DH had a Circuit City store card which he got an email from Chase about last week saying that he was, from May 1st, going to be issued a replacement card which would be a Chase Visa card with the same limit and that is available to use at any ad all stores.  In addition we asked if I could be added as an AU to that new account and was told within 24 hours that this would be fine and that my card would arrive on approx May 1st (and that yes, they do report AUs to all the Credit Reporting agencies)

A "replacement card" would suggest that you will have your original tradeline opening date report to the bureaus. I also would insist that Chase does not pull a hard since you didn't apply for credit. I definitely would complain if your replacement card is a card with a recent date of opening.

Have you asked the CSR about the credit reporting details?

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.