Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase just closed all accounts...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase just closed all accounts...

@Mark_in_Pasadena wrote:
Only apply for the credit you need.  If you apply for 71 new credit accounts, you're in need of a lot of credit, or have an addiction to applying for new credit.  Most people that apply for so much credit are an extremely high risk to all creditors. 

The guy from Popeye who says "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today..." is not the type of customer that banks want to take a risk on today Smiley Wink

The credit i have been approved for over the last few months i do need but if i have a card an i've had it for a few years an i have been in good standard with them an paid on time never late i don't think i should be judged cause i'm seeking new credit

An i don't have 71 inquiries thank you very much lol

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 01-08-2009 07:01 PM
Message 11 of 14
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

71 inqr's? Sounds like you been busy shopping. And I'm jittery with a total of 4!Smiley Very Happy

concordcruse wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unbeleivable and very scary. They closed all 3 cards especially chase for one who has perfect payment history? This is very worry some. What are they complaining about 12 inq's on EX? I have 71 inq's on my EX

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message Edited by UpNUp on 01-08-2009 07:44 PM
Message Edited by UpNUp on 01-08-2009 07:59 PM
Message 12 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

very sorry to hear of this harsh treatment, i imagine you are more disappointed than anything at this point. who wouldn't be?  especially having such a strong banking record with chase as you do...  not to mention your family history with them.

i am glad at least to hear that you won't have 3 accts. closed by issuer listed on your cbr.  though we know technicallly 'closed by issuer' is not supposed to be a cause for alarm, perhaps it's a bit of  comfort in the face of this horrible news.  i still prefer closed by card holder reported given a choice.  hope the silver lining of this action unveils itself to you in short order.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 13 of 14
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Thanks SB, after the initial shock last night it's kind of taken it's place in the overall perspective of my life.

I have plenty of CC's from very good lenders to use and will give them more of my business now, hopefully they will show more respect for that business than Chase has. Mostly CU cards but a few prime banks still.

I will write some letters and maybe get some response but I do not have high hopes after doing some online research as to others who have been experiencing the same (or worse) treatment by Chase.

As far as others here I hope they can take any info provided and prepare yourself for possibly some of the same treament.  

AMEX has been well documented on these boards but with outside research on the web I'm finding out Chase isn't very far behind. It just hasn't been as prevalent here at MyFico .

Thanks again.

Message Edited by jaxstraw on 01-09-2009 10:44 AM
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.