Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase lowered APR

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Chase lowered APR

Can't remember the exact numbers but got a letter from Chase lowering my APR on a Freedom card......what does this mean.  Is it a good sign for a CLI or do they just want me to start using the card more? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: Chase lowered APR

You're actually the second person I've ever heard of getting their APR reduced on a Chase card (Ron had his Sapphire APR reduced). I don't know if it means you're more likely to get a CLI, but Chase certainly likes you!

Message 2 of 13
Shock
Established Contributor

My mom got a lowered APR on her Freedom too. She barely uses her card.

And I just got a BT offer on my Amazon. They want to milk me..lol

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 3 of 13
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

If Chase could lower my 22.9% APR on my Freedom, that would be great... Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 13
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

You're actually the second person I've ever heard of getting their APR reduced on a Chase card (Ron had his Sapphire APR reduced). I don't know if it means you're more likely to get a CLI, but Chase certainly likes you!

They are my friend that's for sure.  Have 6 cards with them 2 Freedom 2.3K, Slate 3.5K, Sapphire 5K, Amazon Visa 3K, and IHG 12K.    I'm afraid to ask for more but I plan to combine some of the CL and cancel some cards.  Got the last 4 cards within the past year.  I also have a HELOC with them. 

Message 5 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 13
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Mine was lowered, too. Not a lot, and it's still way higher than my other cards, but my Freedom was lowered by 2%...on a previous Providian/WAMU. I had been advised MANY times that this would never happen.

I'll take it- I only use them for the rotating categories and never carry a balance. Seems like this is a new and interesting development in the Chase scheme of things.
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 7 of 13
dilettante
Established Contributor

@LisaJ wrote:
Mine was lowered, too. Not a lot, and it's still way higher than my other cards, but my Freedom was lowered by 2%...on a previous Providian/WAMU. I had been advised MANY times that this would never happen.

I'll take it- I only use them for the rotating categories and never carry a balance. Seems like this is a new and interesting development in the Chase scheme of things.

Yes, I think it's interesting that after almost 15 years of my Freedom card being at the original 24.24%, they finally lowered it this month to 17.24%.

Message 8 of 13
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

They lowered my wife's Freedom (Providian/WAMU) APR from 29,24% to 23,24% in the last month or so.

It wouldn't bother me one bit if they raised it to to 100%. They never have and never will see one cent of interest froom me.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 9 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I have paid interest once but it was on 100 bucks and ended up costing like 64 cents at 23.24 APR (odd number I know). It'd be nice if you had an unexpected event and needed to carry a balance for a moment. Low APR could be quite beneficial.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.